Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Arlen Ness by Magnaflow Lowdon on Breakout

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2015 | 06:38 PM
GMWhiteGuy
Advanced

These pipes look a little "thin" for my tastes, I like the beefier looking pipes like Big Shots or something like that. But that's why they make lots of kinds of pipes - to each his own. As long as they are loud and the finish stays nice is all I really care about!

Old 04-02-2015 | 08:14 PM
MagnaFlow
Former Sponsor

Thanks for the feedback and the enthusiasm guys. We're really proud of the Arlen Ness series. Trying to make pipes that sounded good, looked great but were still distinctly MagnaFlow was tough. Anyway, we'd love to see more photos and some sound clips/video when you get them installed!

Old 04-13-2015 | 07:23 PM
nick@nite
Road Warrior

Curious to know if they all come with a cat? I own street glide 07. Not intetested in the head pipe my krome works is great. Looking at the redline slip ons.

Old 04-15-2015 | 02:11 AM
Nostradamus74
Road Captain

Just had my Lowdown in chrome installed! I really like the look and sound is not too loud and deep! In the meantime I also installed SE-204 cams and no decel popping experienced at all!
Here's a quick pic taken yesterday after install...

Attached Thumbnails Arlen Ness by Magnaflow Lowdon on Breakout-img_5774.jpg  
Old 04-28-2015 | 11:47 AM
REDGKO
6th Gear

Hey all,

Does anyone here already have the F-bomb installed? From sounds bites I have been able to find, I really like it. My concern is that it might be too loud. I am in Germany and have seen Polizei (german police) pull people over for exhaust being too loud.

I love the deep rumble of the Fbomb but was wondering how loud it actually is?
I want to get it, but not have an exhaust that is so loud, squeeze on the throttle a bit.

Thanks
Mike

Old 04-29-2015 | 01:19 AM
EagleRay
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by REDGKO
Hey all,

Does anyone here already have the F-bomb installed? From sounds bites I have been able to find, I really like it. My concern is that it might be too loud. I am in Germany and have seen Polizei (german police) pull people over for exhaust being too loud.

I want to get it, but not have an exhaust that is so loud, squeeze on the throttle a bit.

Thanks
Mike
Mike, 1st thing the German cops will look for is the ECE no. that needs to be visual on any exhaust considered street legal here in Germany. If your exhaust has an ECE no. they usually are not that worried about the actual sound emission. I they are really after it they may measure the sound emission though, and then the measured value needs to comply to your bikes registration papers....

I doubt the Magnaflow Lowdown or F-Bomb already have a ECE no. and as such are not considered street legal here. Maybe you contact user Nostradamus74 to verify 'cause I know that he just installed a Lowdown...he could tell you about Europe conformity...or shoot me a PM

Old 04-29-2015 | 04:09 AM
Nostradamus74
Road Captain

Originally Posted by REDGKO
Hey all,

Thanks
Mike
I have AN Lowdown installed and as far as I read from Jtaliani who has Fbomb installed, his experience is similar to mine.
Being short pipes I was expecting them to be noisy like V&H Short Shots but they're not. They're even less loudy than my previous exhaust, V&H Big Shots Staggered with optional quiet baffles.
They sound deep and clear, right throaty note and what I found amazing is that I'm not experiencing any decel popping. Was used to it even after dyno with previous pipes, now no more. I had SE-204 cams installed with the exhaust and ECM flashed with SE canned map so, to be honest, I don't know which factor influenced more the decel popping absence but anyway the lope now is awesome. Not for lovers of loud pipes, though.

Originally Posted by EagleRay
Mike, 1st thing the German cops will look for is the ECE no. that needs to be visual on any exhaust considered street legal here in Germany. If your exhaust has an ECE no. they usually are not that worried about the actual sound emission. I they are really after it they may measure the sound emission though, and then the measured value needs to comply to your bikes registration papers....

I doubt the Magnaflow Lowdown or F-Bomb already have a ECE no. and as such are not considered street legal here. Maybe you contact user Nostradamus74 to verify 'cause I know that he just installed a Lowdown...he could tell you about Europe conformity...or shoot me a PM
As my friend EagleRay stated if in Germany cops are so careful about ECE no. and strictly street legal pipes, might not be a good idea to use AN pipes. I must add that they are not loud pipes at all and dunno if AN/Magnaflow tried or are trying to obtain an ECE certification cause I think they're not so far from street legal exhausts in terms of noise level...
It's your choice though...

Old 04-29-2015 | 08:41 PM
jtaliani
Cruiser

Nostradamus speaks the truth. Nice deep exhaust note, but not what I would call loud for factory pipes.