Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who's using a swing arm bag?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2015, 06:09 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

leatherworks 5" bag, managed to fit 3 pairs of drawers, 3 tshirts, a sweatshirt, 3 pairs of socks, toothbrush, and toothpaste in to it.

Old 02-13-2015, 07:45 PM
1004ron
Road Warrior
Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Greatscott
I'm planning to sell my HD swing arm bag too. Don't get me wrong, it is a really nice bag but I need something bigger. I'm going to get 2 of the rectangular bags from Bad&G customs that can be mounted to the fender strut. They are 10x14 and 4 inches wide. I had one of their bags on my old Dyna....nice product. Check them out.

https://www.badgcustoms.com/bags/har...ftail-hardtail
I went the same way, but used HD bags.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...do-i-need.html

Last edited by 1004ron; 02-13-2015 at 07:47 PM.
Old 02-16-2015, 08:42 AM
Deadanimal
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Leatherworks swingarm bag is awesome for most day to day riding. I put all kinds of stuff in here and yes it holds a few beers pretty well!If you want to have suitcases to carry everything then get full bags. When going on a trip I remove the swing bag and install my detachables also from leatherworks, they make very good stuff, had them since about 2000 and still great.

Old 02-16-2015, 09:38 AM
Otter
Road Master
Received 117 Likes on 71 Posts

I have a custom Bad&G rectangular swingarm bag that will be here tomorrow. I upgraded to the heavy leather and added an inch of depth. I plan on mounting it with a bobber bracket, also due tomorrow. I am planning on doing a write-up on it.

Old 02-16-2015, 10:13 AM
super2kc
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Greatscott
I'm planning to sell my HD swing arm bag too. Don't get me wrong, it is a really nice bag but I need something bigger. I'm going to get 2 of the rectangular bags from Bad&G customs that can be mounted to the fender strut. They are 10x14 and 4 inches wide. I had one of their bags on my old Dyna....nice product. Check them out.

https://www.badgcustoms.com/bags/har...ftail-hardtail
Send me a PM about yer swing arm bag if ya havent sold it, which model and what yer asking.
Thanks

Old 02-16-2015, 10:55 AM
jm35ny
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I have the HD bag, its small but I like how it looks. you'd be surprised what you can fit in there. I usually wrap a jacket/hoodie around my handlebars

Old 02-16-2015, 12:43 PM
Daddy454
Road Master
Received 316 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by Jetfever
I have fit 6 beer cans in my LeatherWorks 312XL. It has not touched down even though the left floor board has several times. I hard mounted rather than use the leather straps, I think this helps keep it from Sagging/ Dragging. I cannot fit my leather jacket in it when it gets hot, so I plan to sell it and get something larger. I love how it looks
How exactly did you hard mount it? Got any pics?

Old 02-16-2015, 01:31 PM
Berick
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

I bought the Leatherworks 312XL bag and I am glad I did. Here's why...

The leather on the HD Solo Bag is that nice floppy flexible leather which is great for a broken in pair of old work boots or a new leather coat... not so good for a bag that will be mounted to the side of your ride and needs to retain it's shape and rigid structure over time. Although you might think it will be too thick as it is 5" thick/deep vs. the HD bag at 3" thick/deep... it looks fantastic and the extra carry capacity is great!

The only other bag I would consider instead of the Leatherworks 312XL would be the Garage Leathers Solo Bag. Personally, I think they are way overpriced for the same quality leather as the Leatherworks Bag.... only difference is the latch on the Garage Leathers Solo Bag is pretty bad-***!

Old 02-16-2015, 01:33 PM
jam436
Supporter
Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Daddy454
How exactly did you hard mount it? Got any pics?
Dead Creek Cycles offers their "Bobber Bracket" - SOLO BAG HARD MOUNT KIT FOR SOFTAIL MODELS - well made and reasonably priced, although some guys here have just made their own...

Old 02-16-2015, 10:23 PM
FurryOne
Road Master
Received 127 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by mskharleyfan
Curious as to just how much stuff you can get into a swing arm bag?
Well, hows two 1/2 gallon jugs? You can get that in a Bad&G rectangular swingarm bag. If I've said it once, I've said it a million times - those slanted swingers bags are a dumb idea, and a waste of $$ and space! Here's the Bad&G bag hard mounted on a Breakout...

Attached Thumbnails Who's using a swing arm bag?-img_0874.jpg  

Quick Reply: Who's using a swing arm bag?