Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's happened to the Blackline owners?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2015 | 07:03 PM
Gibler77
|
Tourer
Default What's happened to the Blackline owners?

I've searched through just about every thread having to do with a Blackline, and most owners have moved on to other models. What gives? I know the FXS didn't/doesn't appeal to the masses, but I figured those who purchased one would have held onto them. Maybe they got frustrated with the lack of aftermarket options or the limited discussions on the board? Feels kinda like beating a dead horse when I have elementary questions that aren't answered in the 3 - 4 year old threads.

Old 02-09-2015 | 07:11 PM
Rumbles
Tourer

You are right on there but there are a few posts mostly to do with seats and sissy bars. I think the Break Out and Slim were the death of the Blackline.

Old 02-09-2015 | 07:37 PM
Bighec
Cruiser

Why didn't it take? Looks like an FXSTC with a different rear fender to me. Good looking bike.

Last edited by Bighec; 02-09-2015 at 07:45 PM.
Old 02-09-2015 | 07:44 PM
Gibler77
|
Tourer

Originally Posted by Bighec
Good looking bike.
I agree, but I'm biased since mine is still fairly new to me. I get compliments and attention wherever I go, and I appreciate that I don't see them that often. If I were a little more mechanically inclined, I'd like the bike (any bike) even more since I wouldn't have to ask so many questions.

Old 02-09-2015 | 07:46 PM
Bighec
Cruiser

I've got a Springer. Rarely see those too. People are always saying they ride pretty crummy and that they are high maintenance. I love the fact that it's different and that you don't see them very often.

The following 2 users liked this post by Bighec:
Dogs57 (03-24-2024), Sleeko (01-03-2024)
Old 02-09-2015 | 08:36 PM
GN_LEE
Advanced

Yeah, you never see em, but I always liked em. I had a Flat black Sporty Iron and always considered the Blackline as the much bigger brother! I loved the look, very cool indeed. I was wondering what happened to em. Shame. I never see Breakouts where I am either (Philly subs). I agree, good to have what I guess is a rare but new, as in modern/reliable ride!

Old 02-10-2015 | 07:13 AM
Nickdawg18
Cruiser

I was looking at buying 1 until I saw the handlebar setup. Said "screw that" and bought a night train.

Old 02-10-2015 | 08:47 AM
jm35ny
Tourer

Not sure but i don't think they sold many. Ive never seen one in person

Old 02-10-2015 | 09:31 AM
Jesse_81
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Gibler77
I've searched through just about every thread having to do with a Blackline, and most owners have moved on to other models. What gives? I know the FXS didn't/doesn't appeal to the masses, but I figured those who purchased one would have held onto them. Maybe they got frustrated with the lack of aftermarket options or the limited discussions on the board? Feels kinda like beating a dead horse when I have elementary questions that aren't answered in the 3 - 4 year old threads.
I had my likes and dislikes. Absence of bolt-on aftermarket stuff was kind of annoying for me when I first bought it and there was nothing bolt for it. I ended up fabbing up my own Sissybar pretty quickly from lack of options. Ended up building two of them actually. Worked out better since I built it to my wife sitting on it so it was a nice fit. So to answer you question, why I got rid of mine, was I wanted to go to the dyna for bike that handled better just for rippin around on and shreddin with my buddies. Got tired of draggin my exhaust all over the place. That bike was sweet for 2up riding with my wife though. Felt like she wasn't even there. I actually been kind missing that bike this last 2 weeks. The road tripping was nice on it. My dyna is a bitch to ride my wife on the back... So I'm actually redoing my entire bike again to gear it back for road tripping and instead of the weekend warrior/bar hopping day scoot. Love the 3 or 4 day bike runs of nothing but riding and partying. My Dyna isn't very friendly for that so back to the drawing board.

Originally Posted by Nickdawg18
I was looking at buying 1 until I saw the handlebar setup. Said "screw that" and bought a night train.
This was a huge reason alot of people hated them. It wasn't rocket science. I had a few bar options on my bike. Took a bit of thinking and part searching but were plenty of over looked options out there with the existing tree's along with the Todd's top tree that made them a standard 3.5" on center fit as well. This issue was really over scrutinized IMO.

Originally Posted by jm35ny
Not sure but i don't think they sold many. Ive never seen one in person
Yep, sales sucked. The Slim was selling like hot cakes. That answer was a clear decision for the MOCO to make to stop production on them. The book on them fell terribly as well while all the other models hold their value, they did not.

Attached Thumbnails What's happened to the Blackline owners?-photo0615.jpg   What's happened to the Blackline owners?-fxs3.jpg   What's happened to the Blackline owners?-photo1038.jpg  
Old 02-10-2015 | 01:29 PM
Bighec
Cruiser

Thats a damn good looking bike. What was wrong with the bar setup? Was it that there were no risers?

Last edited by Bighec; 02-10-2015 at 01:32 PM.

Quick Reply: What's happened to the Blackline owners?