Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pipes recommendation.

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2015 | 02:11 PM
tim98
Advanced

I just ordered a set of V&H Big shots staggered for my '13 Fat Boy. I went with the quiet baffles. Will let you know how they sound.

Old 02-16-2015 | 04:15 PM
cocky
Outstanding HDF Member

I think you will be happy with the quiet baffles. I have standard and the quiet ones. The quiet ones gives it a deeper tone with no tinny sound. Still plenty loud without being unneighborly.

Old 02-17-2015 | 06:39 AM
DetroitHolster
3rd Gear
Default Buying 2015 Iron this week - need help with exhaust choices

Hi guys. I'm buying a 2015 Iron and have to get my accessory list to the salesman within the next few days.

I hate the moped sound of the stock exhaust and my YouTube research likes the improvement a slip-on makes, however, when I heard the sounds of the low growl of the Vance and Hines Big Radius I was sold -- but again, I only have YouTube to make my decision.

My current plan is for V&H Big Radius, Stage1 intake and a tuner.

Will this be too loud for someone to ride next to me and do you think that an in-the-helmet style blue tooth communication would work well or would the exhaust be too over-powering? 99% of our riding will be short hops through the city.

Thank you.

Old 02-17-2015 | 07:36 AM
martin10
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by DetroitHolster
Hi guys. I'm buying a 2015 Iron and have to get my accessory list to the salesman within the next few days.

I hate the moped sound of the stock exhaust and my YouTube research likes the improvement a slip-on makes, however, when I heard the sounds of the low growl of the Vance and Hines Big Radius I was sold -- but again, I only have YouTube to make my decision.

My current plan is for V&H Big Radius, Stage1 intake and a tuner.

Will this be too loud for someone to ride next to me and do you think that an in-the-helmet style blue tooth communication would work well or would the exhaust be too over-powering? 99% of our riding will be short hops through the city.

Thank you.
It is going to be really loud. Are you interested in performance or just something loud? They are not often the same. Here is a link to a muffler test for Sportsters that might help you decide.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/store/softail-toolbox