Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Softail Deluxe Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2015, 01:56 AM
mmcbeat
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I had V&H Straight Shots on my Deluxe. Hard to beat for the money, and in the process you lose the cat. With the *quiet baffle* option, you have the choice of loud or louder.

Old 02-06-2015, 08:04 AM
the feff
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for everyone's input. I'm leaning toward the V&H either slip ons or straight shot full exhaust. Do I need to tune and chip with the Straight Shots?

Old 02-06-2015, 09:11 AM
EarlB
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default VH pipes

I just installed VH Tru Duals on my 2005 Deluze. Went with SE stage 1 air cleaner and fuelpak. Did all work myself. Bikes runs great, Fuelpak was easy to install and program. Pipes sound great.

Old 02-06-2015, 09:40 AM
cocky
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 152 Likes on 124 Posts

only if you change the intake.

Old 02-06-2015, 05:10 PM
S.D.M.F
Road Warrior
Received 355 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by the feff
Thanks for everyone's input. I'm leaning toward the V&H either slip ons or straight shot full exhaust. Do I need to tune and chip with the Straight Shots?

Get yourself a Dynojet Power Vision tuner. The only tuner you will need.

Old 02-09-2015, 09:56 PM
moefoties
Cruiser
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Sprawl
First mod I did to the bike, they sound great....not obnoxious, sound loud and tuned. I did not have to install a chip or tuner. But I did have to have the bike tuned for the pipes. These are Vance and Hines Longshots, full exhaust not-slip ons. You should be able to go on youtube to get an idea of how they sound. Good luck

I just ordered the Wild1 Beach Bars...now I'm second-guessing myself after looking at those apes! I'm not a huge fan of apes, but those look awesome on your bike. You find them more comfortable than beach bars?

In keeping with the spirit of the thread, I also have V&H Big Shots Long on my Deluxe (they look just like the Long Shots). They sounds great with the quiet baffles (loud and rumbly, but not too obnoxious), and in my opinion they're the best looking pipes for the Deluxe, aside from the Samson Fishtails.

Old 02-09-2015, 10:30 PM
Sprawl
Advanced
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by moefoties
I just ordered the Wild1 Beach Bars...now I'm second-guessing myself after looking at those apes! I'm not a huge fan of apes, but those look awesome on your bike. You find them more comfortable than beach bars?

In keeping with the spirit of the thread, I also have V&H Big Shots Long on my Deluxe (they look just like the Long Shots). They sounds great with the quiet baffles (loud and rumbly, but not too obnoxious), and in my opinion they're the best looking pipes for the Deluxe, aside from the Samson Fishtails.
Thank you, Yes I find them more comfortable than my beach bars. I love the look of the beach bars and I am not a fan of the the Giant Apes. Thought I would take a chance and throw some short Apes on. These are also Wild Onez, think they call them a 10" Mini-Ape, and I went with the shortest riser I could find which is a 1.5". Like many of us on here, we have purchased things, grown tired of them and bought the parts we had to have. I'm working on my 3rd air intake!
P.S. You can sit on a stock Street Bob and get the feel for how my set up is. After I bought my bars the Harley guys told me that was near the same height they run on them.