Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Softail Deluxe Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2015, 07:06 PM
Sprawl
Advanced
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by amkaos
I really like your orange and the coordinated accents..are they powder coated or sprayed?
Thx
I have long shots and wouldn't trade em for anything
Had a local POWDER COAT shop powder coat all the pieces u see in orange, my stock tins have an orange metal flake in them, and we were able to find a powder with a very similar flake in it. Its a very inexpensive mod. Thank you for the comments!

Old 02-04-2015, 07:15 PM
Sprawl
Advanced

Originally Posted by Bigman405
I agree with Sprawl. I love my long shots. When I bought the bike it had them on and I was going to buy fishtails but I grew to love theses a lil more. Sprawl that's a sweet looking ride you have there.

That is funny, I was thinking the same thing after I had the long shots and saw a bike with the fish tails. Now I would not trade the long shots for anything. My buddies always tell me they hate riding behind me. Thanks for the positive comments. There are def. a lot of sick rides on this site.

Old 02-04-2015, 08:40 PM
Pete3323
Road Master
Received 35 Likes on 35 Posts

If you want louder without changing the stock look try American Custom Exhaust. They can modify your stockers or sell u theirs. I love mine with the mid baffles and no tune needed. They are a vendor on this site.

Old 02-05-2015, 07:40 AM
cocky
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 152 Likes on 124 Posts

A full exhaust system will free up the rear end if you want large bags or other rear end mods. Just a thought. Welcome to the forum.

Old 02-05-2015, 08:49 AM
mkenkel
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

rush slip-ons will do the trick and they sound great.

Old 02-05-2015, 09:50 AM
tidbit1
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Sprawl
First mod I did to the bike, they sound great....not obnoxious, sound loud and tuned. I did not have to install a chip or tuner. But I did have to have the bike tuned for the pipes. These are Vance and Hines Longshots, full exhaust not-slip ons. You should be able to go on youtube to get an idea of how they sound. Good luck

Love your ride. A couple questions, what bars and riser do you have on and i see you have changed the cables but would the oem cables worked if you had chosen to stay with the black ones. Thanks

Old 02-05-2015, 03:00 PM
S.D.M.F
Road Warrior
Received 355 Likes on 229 Posts

Exhaust Vance & Hines Straightshot Slip-ons Part #16833 Sounds much better than stock. (No dissatisfaction here)
Intake K&N Air Charger (Heavy Breather)

Last edited by S.D.M.F; 02-05-2015 at 08:08 PM.
Old 02-05-2015, 06:38 PM
chopperjoes
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jtarter
Most likely you will need to re-tune the bike for the pipes you are looking for. Stock pipes are more restrictive than after market pipes, which will change your air/fuel ratio. That being said....I have these up for sale

How much do you want for them I'm interested in them jjbn50@yahoo.com

Old 02-05-2015, 06:51 PM
ghostrider69
Outstanding HDF Member

Just cut through all of the second guessing and dissatisfaction and go straight to the big leagues. Get a Samson system and be done.

Old 02-06-2015, 12:15 AM
Sprawl
Advanced
Default Bars and Risers

Originally Posted by S.D.M.F

Exhaust Vance & Hines Straightshot Slip-ons Part #16833 Sounds much better than stock. (No dissatisfaction here)
Intake K&N Air Charger (Heavy Breather)
Thanks for the positive comments. That was the last mod I did, because I kept flip flopping between beach bars and Apes. I personally think beach bars look better on the deluxe, but as far as rider comfort I would not trade those mini apes for anything else. It was a gamble with what I went with because I have never seen such short Apes on a deluxe. However to get a feel for them, I was able to hop on a stock Street Bob, ....so this is what you are seeing: Wild 1 Inc-10" Mini-Ape (36" wide, 10" center, 11.5" pullback, 42 degree wrist) I went with the shortest riser I could, so I could maintain that semi low profile--the riser is a 1.5". I have attached a different pic so you can see the riser, how it looks from the front, and if you notice in the pic on the throttle side, I still has my stock black cable (wanted to ride and the new cable hadn't arrived). Hope this helps, cheers
P.s...wish I had your tank emblem and that low profile dash, hate the ski jump that Harley went to on mine! Very nice scooter you have as well

Quick Reply: Softail Deluxe Exhaust