Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What do I need to know about the Deluxe?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 03:56 PM
spooner
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: What do I need to know about the Deluxe?

[8D] The deluxe runs so smooth, it's easy to be going faster than what you think. I have been thinking about adding teflon pads to the bottom of the floorboards because I scape them consistently.

[IMG]local://upfiles/29874/E017DFE063BD4F1CA6FBA62D1C2EBC61.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-19-2007, 04:35 PM
DLX
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Vonzipper, what kind of handle bars are they, if they are HD could you please give me the part number, if not, where did you get them? I have been looking for something just like that and haven't been able to visualize what they would look like on the bike.

Also, any issues with turning and them interfering with any other partof the bike?

Let me know.

DW

Old 04-19-2007, 11:52 PM
WouldBeHD
Tourer

Thanks to everyone that has replied, I really do appreciate the input. I'm getting more and more excited about the bike all the time. Love looking at these pics!

Spooner, totally dig the bobber look, though I must admit I'm fond of that massive front fender.

Vonzipper, I'm with DLX, where did you get those bars? Damnit...my wallet is already starting to whimper already!!

Old 04-20-2007, 12:31 AM
07deluxe
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: WouldBeHD

Thanks to everyone that has replied, I really do appreciate the input. I'm getting more and more excited about the bike all the time. Love looking at these pics!

Spooner, totally dig the bobber look, though I must admit I'm fond of that massive front fender.

Vonzipper, I'm with DLX, where did you get those bars? Damnit...my wallet is already starting to whimper already!!
Welcome to the Deluxe family, hope you got plenty left on your credit card for the extra's, your going to use it. You wont regret your choice.

Old 04-20-2007, 02:34 PM
UltraPassenger
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: ultraultra

As all have said on here, it's a great bike. Take your time and learn your bike. We bought the wife an 07 Deluxe back in September. We made a lot of mods. The main reason we got it at that time, is we got a limited edition paint set for it. That made it easy to go with the flame theme. I would suggest
riding it for the first 1,000 miles to really get a feel for it. Check out how other bikes are dressed out. Then you will be able to settle in on a direction. I’ve be called ****, because I’ll dig through the accessories catalog for hours and hours. I’ll make a spreadsheet of all of the accessories I want to eventually put on it. Then, as money becomes available, or there’s a good sale, I’ll add something to it. Check out a post by Ultrapassenger, and you will be able to see how we have been working on the wife’s ride. Good luck… welcome aboard!
Here's mine......she is soooo sweet.......

Old 04-20-2007, 04:04 PM
Luxe
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Don't do it.... big mistake... you'll regret it......................aw... crap... he's not fall'in for it.

Old 04-21-2007, 03:17 PM
vonzipper
Cruiser

DLX they are WO550 a bit pricey after you change all the cables, risers, bushings, switch wire extensions, grips, mirrors and of course you can't forget the tassels when it's all said an done, the deluxe comes alive, I said it in another post, it's like riding a 40's harley. couldn't be more fun, I would never go back, no they don't hit anything and I highly recommend them.

http://www.wild1inc.com/handlebars.html

Old 04-23-2007, 12:04 AM
WouldBeHD
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Luxe

Don't do it.... big mistake... you'll regret it......................aw... crap... he's not fall'in for it.
lol Nope, 'fraid not. I think we're in the final stages of negotiations. Want to see if they'll cut me a deal on labor for the pipes, etc. Might be bringing the bike home by mid-week!