Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

S&s t124

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2015 | 01:18 PM
thelawnmowerman
|
Road Warrior
Default S&s t124

Already mentioned in another thread about my winter mods.
One of them is a new S&S Twincam 124 engine , Infact I've
already taken delivery of it.
Just wondered if anyone else in the Softail section has one , or experience of , did a search couldnt find anything .
Because of finances and other mods etc , I'm sticking with the EFI for the coming season , but I'm sort of hankering after a carb conversion !
I want that distinctive low tickover that you only realy get with a carb.
My Indy has got me thinking , cos he said I can have twin carbs .... One on each side of the bike !!!...lol

Old 01-17-2015 | 01:27 PM
professorzoogy
Tourer

Originally Posted by thelawnmowerman
Just wondered if anyone else in the Softail section has one , or experience of , did a search couldnt find anything .
Because of finances and other mods etc , I'm sticking with the EFI for the coming season , but I'm sort of hankering after a carb conversion !
My Indy has got me thinking , cos he said I can have twin carbs .... One on each side of the bike !!!...lol

congrats on the big block ! as for the efi and low tick over.... the thundermax tuner has this feature (vids on youtube) .....you might want to check into how low you can go and still have adequate oil pressure though .

Old 01-17-2015 | 05:21 PM
turtle2
Cruiser

Don't think this is a 2001-2006 Twin Cam 88B Softail® with Balancer engine

Last edited by turtle2; 01-17-2015 at 10:11 PM.
Old 01-18-2015 | 12:14 PM
thelawnmowerman
|
Road Warrior

I took a look at that dude , cheers , seems you can get the tickover down to less than 800 . looks interesting, havent decided on a tuner yet, the other one thats been suggeseted to me was Twintec Ergo 3 which from what I've read seems similar, need to make some decisions soon Engines just sitting there in the box.

Old 01-18-2015 | 12:33 PM
professorzoogy
Tourer

I took a look at that dude , cheers , seems you can get the tickover down to less than 800 . looks interesting, havent decided on a tuner yet, the other one thats been suggeseted to me was Twintec Ergo 3 which from what I've read seems similar, need to make some decisions soon Engines just sitting there in the box.

still in the box ???? ****.....I would make a spot on my bed until the frame was ready for it ! ....and it's ok to spoon a big block !