Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Stretched Fender Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2015, 07:56 AM
kizzletruck
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default The Stretched Fender Thread

Ok, after doing quite a bit of digging, I found a couple of threads that are involving stretched rear fenders. Since this is going to be one of my next (immediate) mods... I thought I would start a thread where people could post a picture of their stretched fenders, list the manufacturer (stretched factory, KlockWerks, etc.), and the amount of stretch it has. It seems that this is difficult to find in the forum (or at least for me it as after looking at many pages of threads)...

I'm thinking on stretching the one on my Deluxe somewhere in the neighborhood of 4-5". I'd like it to match up pretty close with a set of stretched hard bags, and do NOT want to risk hitting it on speed bumps.. That means it can't hang any lower than the 36" Samson's. Any input there? Looking forward to seeing if this generates any good pics with good information for others to build off of.

Old 01-13-2015, 11:49 AM
8ntsane
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Stretched fenders

Stretching fenders can be done a few ways. The first one I did was the same way most people do them by cutting and adding in the tail light area. Though it looked pretty much the same as everyone elses, I didn't like the fact that as you stretch it down wards, it also kicks it out wards as well. The more I looked at it, the less I liked the kick out part. That fender whent up for sale, and sold quickly.

The next fender I was sure I didn't want to repeat the first, and being I had the fender that followed the radius of the tire, and didn't have the flat under the fender strut. This is what I did. I re- clocked the fender to get the stretch I wanted. This way you don't get the excessive kick out in the back. Of coarse you will need to drill new mounting holes, and fill in the ones you don't want. Then you have to add on to the end that is normally under the seat.

The easiest way is to find a damaged fender to get your front section extention. Most any damaged fender will be wrecked in the back half, leaving the front un harmed. I would also suggest you pick up used fender, or fenders to try your stretch job. If you decide the stretch fender isn't for you, then just sell it. Put your original back on.

I havn,t finished the second one yet. I just got another fender to chop up for the front half. I think the reclocked fender looks every bit as good. Being tighter to the back of the tire, it should be less chances of scrapeing going in and out of the drive way. In my first attempt, the first time I left the driveway, Scarrrrrrrrape.

Old 01-14-2015, 08:10 AM
509Rider
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My fender rear 7 inch stretch all done in one section. Front 3.5, lowered over the tire 3/4.

Attached Thumbnails The Stretched Fender Thread-image-2793447202.jpg  
Old 01-14-2015, 12:05 PM
PhatDLX
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 8ntsane
Stretching fenders can be done a few ways. The first one I did was the same way most people do them by cutting and adding in the tail light area. Though it looked pretty much the same as everyone elses, I didn't like the fact that as you stretch it down wards, it also kicks it out wards as well. The more I looked at it, the less I liked the kick out part. That fender whent up for sale, and sold quickly.

The next fender I was sure I didn't want to repeat the first, and being I had the fender that followed the radius of the tire, and didn't have the flat under the fender strut. This is what I did. I re- clocked the fender to get the stretch I wanted. This way you don't get the excessive kick out in the back. Of coarse you will need to drill new mounting holes, and fill in the ones you don't want. Then you have to add on to the end that is normally under the seat.

The easiest way is to find a damaged fender to get your front section extention. Most any damaged fender will be wrecked in the back half, leaving the front un harmed. I would also suggest you pick up used fender, or fenders to try your stretch job. If you decide the stretch fender isn't for you, then just sell it. Put your original back on.

I havn,t finished the second one yet. I just got another fender to chop up for the front half. I think the reclocked fender looks every bit as good. Being tighter to the back of the tire, it should be less chances of scrapeing going in and out of the drive way. In my first attempt, the first time I left the driveway, Scarrrrrrrrape.

Well.. you can sell me the one you have now after you finish the 2nd one?!?! ... hahah

Old 01-14-2015, 03:01 PM
kizzletruck
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 509Rider
My fender rear 7 inch stretch all done in one section. Front 3.5, lowered over the tire 3/4.
Lookin' good! Looks like your fender drops below the bottom of the fishtails, yes? Or does it come even with the bottom?

Old 01-14-2015, 05:59 PM
509Rider
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kizzletruck
Lookin' good! Looks like your fender drops below the bottom of the fishtails, yes? Or does it come even with the bottom?
correct it sits below. I wanted it almost on the ground when aired out.

Old 11-16-2015, 03:48 PM
splattttttt
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 430 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by 509Rider
correct it sits below. I wanted it almost on the ground when aired out.
I love how it flares out at the back end. And great job on lowering the front

Old 03-16-2017, 09:51 PM
bad@$$deluxe
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

don't want to be a bother but I love the rear fender that you did on your bike from the rear mounting bolt on your Fender StrUt what's the measurement to the bottom lip of the fender.......dz636on1@gmail.com @509rider

Old 03-17-2017, 03:13 PM
Hey Man
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,204 Likes on 2,884 Posts

A Lazareth thread from two years ago.