Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Regular service just got exspensive!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2015 | 03:23 PM
cspcrx
|
Tourer
Default Regular service just got exspensive!

Took my 2007 FXST in for a regular service only to hear the rear cylinder lower seal was leaking. I noticed some oil but thought it was comming off of the breathers. Soooooo....

Sounds like a good time to get a 103 upgrade, which i had been kicking around. I already have V&H big shot staggards, Dahwarty power pacc and power vision from fuel moto. Dealer has basically put together a tweeked stage three kit. Instead of new jugs just using mine and opening mine to 103. Instead of the SE 259e cams we are going to use TW555 cams, SE highlift valve springs will be used as well as SE roller rockers. Heads otherwise will be left alone for now, more than i was expecting already!

I figure i will be picking up a completely different animal than i dropped off.

Old 01-11-2015 | 03:36 PM
professorzoogy
Tourer

Originally Posted by cspcrx
Took my 2007 FXST in for a regular service only to hear the rear cylinder lower seal was leaking. I noticed some oil but thought it was comming off of the breathers. Soooooo....

Sounds like a good time to get a 103 upgrade, which i had been kicking around. I already have V&H big shot staggards, Dahwarty power pacc and power vision from fuel moto. Dealer has basically put together a tweeked stage three kit. Instead of new jugs just using mine and opening mine to 103. Instead of the SE 259e cams we are going to use TW555 cams, SE highlift valve springs will be used as well as SE roller rockers. Heads otherwise will be left alone for now, more than i was expecting already!

I figure i will be picking up a completely different animal than i dropped off.

you would get better results by doing a cam and big valve / ported head combo .....more flow = more go .

Old 01-11-2015 | 04:51 PM
jm35ny
Tourer

Sounds like a good combo, I`ve never heard the 555`s in person but I love the sound of 259`s

Old 01-11-2015 | 10:58 PM
Pete3323
Road Master

Hope you are as happy as the dealer will be.

Old 01-12-2015 | 01:39 PM
oct1949
Club Member

yeppers if some issues arise that's a good time to freshen up the top end...

I thought I'd do the same to my 07 now with 53k on her.. I thought I'd do the 103 kit when the time comes..

Trouble is she just keeps running better and stronger every yr... It may be a while before she needs to be freshened up. Also I really happy with the performance with just the cams in her.

Old 01-12-2015 | 02:47 PM
nikonf8
Supporter
Default Upgrade

I'm running a stage four motor with 257 cams and it's hit plenty of power I feel if you do a big bore kit you have to do the heads there is a big difference from one to the other if you do it do it all go for broke and be done

Old 01-12-2015 | 07:19 PM
cspcrx
|
Tourer

I hear you on doing it all, going straight to stage 4. Stage 3 is close but you do not get the extra hp. Problem is this, unexpected surprise, is tapping out my spare cash so the heads will have to wait. Talked to a guy at work with a stage 4 and he also did the tb and manifold. I think i will learn to deal with this extra power then get another boost when i do the heads.

Old 01-13-2015 | 08:24 AM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member

Make sure that you update this when done. Will you get it on a Dyno for HP numbers?

Old 01-13-2015 | 01:15 PM
cspcrx
|
Tourer

Will do. I figure I will ride it a bit and get the motor fully broken in and the tune happy.

I just filled out the online request form for the new tune from Fuel Moto. If I understand how it works, the tune will learn some and peak power may not be seen right after upload.

Old 01-15-2015 | 08:00 PM
cspcrx
|
Tourer

Shop called and they started pulling apart. Found that the exhaust valves were so badly carboned up that one is bent. They said it could have been a result of the tune. Well for 6700 miles of the bikes 6850 mile live it had no tune just exieds. Not sure if thats the really the cause as the bike only had intake and pipes done to the motor. That or i got a crap motor!

Quick Reply: Regular service just got exspensive!