Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front fender

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2015, 05:34 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by professorzoogy
yup....that is sitting pretty low . as for your spacers .....try a local machine shop , they can spin some out in no time using some 3/4 round stock . worse case scenario I can turn some on the lathe and send em to ya . I only have ally round stock so if you're wanting the stainless .....sol .
I'm gonna see if I can score some spacers around here. If not I might have to take ya up on that offer professor. You're a good man sir. IT wouldn't matter that its aluminum. I'll spray paint them for the time being.

Originally Posted by professorzoogy
if you want to keep the same radius shape as the upper front portion of your fender when you cut it ......make a cardboard template ( cereal box work great) trace the shape of the front part of your fender ( from the inside outwards ) cut with scissors , them transfer the shape onto the lower portion to be cut . mark the line and make your cut on the outside of the line ....this way you can slowly grind your way to the finished radius .
I didn't end up cutting it today. I left it for tomorrow, I'm definitely gonna keep that same radius I have going on in the front. Gonna try that cardboard trace you suggested.

Good call on cutting outside the line and grinding my way back to the mark. I feel like I should send you a check for all the advice you're putting in here professor.
Thanks again sir.

Old 02-06-2015, 10:19 AM
Hawaii-Five-Jo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

More pics of that speedo re locator please. Did you get the backing plate?

Old 02-06-2015, 11:18 AM
Alain
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Hawaii-Five-Jo
More pics of that speedo re locator please. Did you get the backing plate?
Sup mang!! I'm gonna be finishing up that front fender later today. I'll snap pics of the soeedo job. Yeah I got the backing plate along with the rubber gasket.

Got my wires in the correct holes in the plug so now my high beam indicator doesn't flash when I use my left turn signal lol.

It's easy Jojo. If you're thiniing on doing it go for it. I'll walk you through it if you need help.

And I got the dashboard back. Looks pretty good. I'll get you some pics of that as well.
Here's a quick pic of the dash

Attached Thumbnails Front fender-image.jpg  

Last edited by Alain; 02-06-2015 at 11:22 AM.
Old 02-06-2015, 11:40 AM
Hawaii-Five-Jo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Oh the dash is sweeeeet!
I'm gonna relocate the speedo just not sure if I'm going DK or Joker Machine route yet.

Old 02-06-2015, 08:33 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member

Ok boys. Front fender is done 3 hours of massaging that ****er to get it where I wanted it.

Old 02-06-2015, 08:36 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member

I do t know why I feel like I cut it too short.

The front and back of the fender are the same length so it's not that. I think I just fell in love with how low it was originally. I love that look, but it's just not practical when it comes to riding. I'm left with 3 & 3/4 ground clearance.

Still taking me some getting used to it this short from what it was originally. What you guys think ? Too short?

Old 02-06-2015, 08:39 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member

One more shot at eye level.

Old 02-06-2015, 08:46 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member

Jojo I didn't forget the soeedo pics but I can't figure out how the hell to send pictures through pm (I don't think it can be done from a phone).

Here are a couple I took today. It's tough to get the full picture cause I don't have the gas tank on the bike when I took the pics but take it from me, when the tank is on, the speedo sits out just enough to be seen while ridding but not in enough where it's hidden under the tank making it look weird.

Old 02-06-2015, 08:53 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member

Here's a good look at how I routed the harnesses. Plenty of room under the tank for all wires. I've become a zip tie master lolol.

I looked at the joker machine bracket but I didn't like that it mounted to the frame itself. For some reason I though that would look weird lolol. I think that was the joker machine brakcet lololol. I've looked at so many parts for so many different ideas I've had that it's all one big blur. Lolol.

Anyway, all that's left now is take apart my gas tank and oil tank to be able to send everything to paint.

Thinking about that Cole Foster big sucker gas tank that Ink had on his thread. Please!!! someone talk me out of dropping coin on that thing and keeping my tank instead.

Old 02-07-2015, 09:53 AM
professorzoogy
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Alain
I do t know why I feel like I cut it too short.

The front and back of the fender are the same length so it's not that. I think I just fell in love with how low it was originally. I love that look, but it's just not practical when it comes to riding. I'm left with 3 & 3/4 ground clearance.

Still taking me some getting used to it this short from what it was originally. What you guys think ? Too short?

Looks good.....I bet it wasn't so bad to tackle this mod once you dove in lol good job bud !

Quick Reply: Front fender