Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front fender

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2015, 10:32 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Lolol

Old 01-10-2015, 12:54 PM
ADRENALINE RUSH
Tourer
Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Ink83
You coming out of the closet bud?? Haha just joking
haha... good one...lol. it was supposed to say "fenderless". those letters are right next to each other or it was auto correct, although i have to admit there were some drinks involved last night that may have effected my posting ability

Old 01-10-2015, 06:33 PM
Ink83
Road Warrior
Received 31 Likes on 31 Posts

Try using these bloody phones with autocorrect lol, always good for a laugh

Old 01-10-2015, 07:33 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member

By the way. Front fender gets here Wednesday boys.

My buddy and I are gonna tackle chopping the rear fender tomorrow.

Old 01-21-2015, 01:13 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member

Ok need some advice.

After two days of grinding I finally got the rear cut the way I wanted it. All I need to do is finish mounting the tail lights and it'll be ready for paint.

Now the front fender !! Here is a picture of what I got. Klock Werks Wraper. The fender is thick as hell, great quality.

I'm going to cut out the section right above where the two mounting holes are on the fender now and drill my own. I'm gonna take off just enough material to get rid of the holes that the fender came with. I checked and I will still have enough room to play with in order to get the correct mounting height I want.

Here's what I need help with. I figured there is a trick to marking the fender while its mocked on the tire. I hope someone can fill me in.

I know about strapping a piece of 1/2 rubber fuel hose (like professor mentioned earlier) to the tire. Now, once I do that its tough to get in there and mark where I should drill the holes.

So far the only fabricating I've done is cutting my rear fenders Lolol. That was a task in itself.

I'm thiniing there are a lot of tricks out there that I don't know about which would make a job like this really easy.

Attached Thumbnails Front fender-image.jpg  
Old 01-21-2015, 04:24 PM
professorzoogy
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Alain....is your front wheel the stock rocker wheel ? looks like cvo breakout wheels on your sled . do you still have the original front fender ?

Last edited by professorzoogy; 01-21-2015 at 05:08 PM.
Old 01-21-2015, 05:29 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member

Professor, my front wheel is not the stocker. It's thst CVO breakout wheel that's in my signature pic.

I still have the stock front fender. I was tossing around the idea of making a template of the hole pattern from the stock front fender and somehow use that to mark the new holes while the fender is mocked on the wheel. Not sure exactly how I'm gonna pull that off though.

What you got for me professor?

Old 01-21-2015, 05:45 PM
professorzoogy
Tourer

I saw a pic of the backside of the rocker fork sliders.....the fender mounting holes are indeed offset to the rear ......equally on both sides correct ?

Old 01-21-2015, 05:57 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member

Correct. Both sides are the same.

Old 01-21-2015, 06:18 PM
professorzoogy
Tourer

I assume your bike is supported level and the front wheel is off the ground ....ready to be removed ? ( for slider measurements )

you need the center of the slider to the center of the fender mounting holes dimension . this will be your offset dimension . your axle is dead center of your sliders .
your new fender : measure the width of the mounting surface and divide by 2 ......this will be the center of your fender mount . lightly scribe a parallel line down the center of the mounting surface ....use a small square placed on the bottom flat portion of your fender mounting flange to do so .

from that lightly scribed center line....scribe your offset dimension line parallel to that , using the small square once again . follow ?

Quick Reply: Front fender