Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front fender

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2015, 06:40 PM
professorzoogy
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No probs.....I like to help out when / if I can . BTW....don't look at the "T" brackets as they are in the pics.....you can use this style on your forks but with the slider portion off center .....follow ?

Last edited by professorzoogy; 01-05-2015 at 06:42 PM.
Old 01-06-2015, 04:07 AM
Hawaii-Five-Jo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Alain you seem to be spending you $$$ without me lately lol.
You're lucky that I don't have your ph#, you'd be getting texts, like I send MIKE of the craziness me and my crew has been doing. To bad it's not for my bike tho. Lol

Old 01-06-2015, 06:53 AM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Hawaii-Five-Jo
Alain you seem to be spending you $$$ without me lately lol.
You're lucky that I don't have your ph#, you'd be getting texts, like I send MIKE of the craziness me and my crew has been doing. To bad it's not for my bike tho. Lol
Lolol. I'm hoping if you see me spending on my own you'll hesitate to throw ideas at me lolol. J/k this winter has been the most money I've ever spent on this thing cause I want to get it how I want it to look in one shot and be done with it for a while. Plus there are no kids in sight yet for my wife and I so now is the time to do all this lolol.

Old 01-06-2015, 04:26 PM
ADRENALINE RUSH
Tourer
Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

interesting thread... i bought the same wheels as professorzoogy (but 21, not 23)...
i have debated running that fender, but i decided to go fenderless in the front. i was just getting ready to cut off my front fender mounts on my forks before having them powder coated (trying to get a real clean look), but after looking at this fender on here maybe i should leave leave them on there in case i decide to go that route in the future. hmmm....

Old 01-06-2015, 04:38 PM
DynaJ
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by ADRENALINE RUSH
interesting thread... i bought the same wheels as professorzoogy (but 21, not 23)...
i have debated running that fender, but i decided to go fenderless in the front. i was just getting ready to cut off my front fender mounts on my forks before having them powder coated (trying to get a real clean look), but after looking at this fender on here maybe i should leave leave them on there in case i decide to go that route in the future. hmmm....

Don't cut them off!! LOL, you will be in the same boat as me when you want to run a front fender...Now I need to get a new front end so I can mount a fender..Mo money..

Old 01-06-2015, 05:59 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Yeah dude. Don't cut those tabs off. I guarantee you will regret it down the road.

I scored a stock rocker rear fender for pretty cheap from my stealer. I'm gonna cut that off right at where the stock brake lights mount this way I have a longer length rear fender to match the full front fender.

And I am tossing around the idea of painting all of my tins gloss black. Both fenders and the gas and oil tanks. Then once I get my smooth dash back I would paint that the color of the frame (pacific blue pearl).

Input boys?

Last edited by Alain; 01-06-2015 at 06:07 PM.
Old 01-09-2015, 09:42 PM
ADRENALINE RUSH
Tourer

Originally Posted by DynaJ
Don't cut them off!! LOL, you will be in the same boat as me when you want to run a front fender...Now I need to get a new front end so I can mount a fender..Mo money..
Originally Posted by Alain
Yeah dude. Don't cut those tabs off. I guarantee you will regret it down the road.
thanks for the tip guys, i guess it won't look too bad once powdered. i was ready to start cutting and grinding, but i think i'll hold off for now, i can always pull them off and chop them & repowder later if i want.

im a big fan of stripped down ALL black out bikes, but i have always liked this one with the white, gray, and orange... so i might want to add some color and a fender because i have always really liked this bike... its still blacked out, but when theres color i think some kind of fender is more necessary

Last edited by ADRENALINE RUSH; 01-09-2015 at 09:46 PM.
Old 01-09-2015, 09:43 PM
ADRENALINE RUSH
Tourer

Originally Posted by Alain
I scored a stock rocker rear fender for pretty cheap from my stealer. I'm gonna cut that off right at where the stock brake lights mount this way I have a longer length rear fender to match the full front fender.

And I am tossing around the idea of painting all of my tins gloss black. Both fenders and the gas and oil tanks. Then once I get my smooth dash back I would paint that the color of the frame (pacific blue pearl).

Input boys?
i like your color combo now, but i think there enough black on your bike to pul it off, and i think black bikes and cars usually look pretty sharp... plus if its a spare you might as well go for it because you could always go back to what you have now without too much work.

Old 01-09-2015, 09:44 PM
ADRENALINE RUSH
Tourer

i think for now I'm gonna stay genderless, but it definitely gives it more of a finished look... looks good!!! i can't wait to finish up my winter build so i can put my new wheels on!!!!
Originally Posted by professorzoogy

Old 01-09-2015, 09:56 PM
Ink83
Road Warrior
Received 31 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by ADRENALINE RUSH
i think for now I'm gonna stay genderless, but it definitely gives it more of a finished look... looks good!!! i can't wait to finish up my winter build so i can put my new wheels on!!!!
You coming out of the closet bud?? Haha just joking

Quick Reply: Front fender