Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another happy Shotgun Shock customer

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2014 | 01:58 PM
scheng32
|
Cruiser
Default Another happy Shotgun Shock customer

Took me a while to install but very happy with the outcome. I had to take off the rear tire, which also made the install easier. Getting the old shocks was a pain, had the loosen and move the ABS HCU to get the shocks out. I have the habit freight lift, which worked but having a better lift would have been nice.

Thanks JD.

Last edited by scheng32; 12-25-2014 at 02:15 PM.
Old 12-25-2014 | 02:31 PM
tbonetony06
Outstanding HDF Member

Congratulations and welcome to the SS club. I tell this to all newbie SS owners and riders and NONE of this is meant to scare you or to give you negative thoughts. You my not realize this yet but weather your aware of this or not you are now riding a new, different and better bike so be mindful of that when riding.

With that though you do have to realize that, take your time and take it easy until you are very familiar with your new bike. It's going to handle curves and twisties different. It's also going to take you a while to get it dialed in or your form of riding and in finding your "sweet spot" and adjusting it for 1 or 2 up and differing road conditions.

Again, this is just a heads up because as we all know, no 2 bikes handle the same and when we mount a new bike we all use caution until we get the feel of the new bike under control for how we each ride a new bike. Also, every time you adjust the air, your on a new bike gain. Your going to love your new bike and your new mod but give it time to figure it out. It took me a good summer season to get it mastered for how and where I ride, please do the same.

Good luck and get back to us once you have mastered it, figured out and dialed in because it's ONLY GOING TO GET BETTER as you ride. Your also a new member of the SS cheer leading group and ignore the haters!!!!

Old 12-25-2014 | 02:53 PM
stal94gt
Road Master

I was always curous about the shotgun shocks being tough on belts. As you lift your bike up it puts slack in the belt and when you slam it down it pulls the belt real tight, too tight. Was wondering if most people set the shock in one position and left it or do people mess with it and just ignore belt tension

Old 12-25-2014 | 02:58 PM
Beltdriven
Cruiser
Default Watch out

Tbonetony is telling you not to be a menace to yourself and other people on the road looking kewl having the bike to low.You'll be making lots of sparks on fast corners.

Old 12-25-2014 | 03:43 PM
n2gzus
Road Captain

I always play around with my ss while riding just because I love showing off the ability to raise and slam it with the flip of some switches. I love scraping too, which is another reason why my bike doesn't stay at the same height for the duration of a ride.The only time I leave it dialed in is if I'm riding out of town or if the wifey is on back. Never had any issues with my belt.

Old 12-25-2014 | 04:11 PM
tbonetony06
Outstanding HDF Member

Ha, that didn't take long!!! I also adjust mine many times while riding too, how that is menacing I don't know but whatever!. The geography changes, I change it. Washboard road, I change it. It rains I change it. I change it to get in and out of my driveway. Gravel road, I change it. Dirt road, I change it.

Just completed my 3rd season on mine, no issue with the belt or anything else. If I do have an issue, I call JD and he will make it right. enjoy your new toy Dude!

Old 12-25-2014 | 08:10 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member

****. I'm trying not to drop coin on this mod. This thread is not helping my cause.

Old 12-25-2014 | 09:27 PM
ILMFBL
Road Warrior

I'm hoping to get one by mid summer, but with all the money I'm throwing at this bike already, my wife is starting to question my sanity even more so than usual, so we'll see.So much to do and so little money! And as far as whether to get one or not, T-BoneTony, you sold me on the unit quite a while ago, it looks to me to be a no brainer. Thanks for all the input.

Old 12-25-2014 | 11:36 PM
Bluraven
Grand HDF Member

There's no doubt the SS provides many options from a "cloud like" ride to the ability to slam the bike for show and tell.

I considered SS but have decided to just add a touring ride to the stable in the near future.

Last edited by Bluraven; 12-26-2014 at 09:35 AM.
Old 12-26-2014 | 07:15 AM
24v
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Alain
****. I'm trying not to drop coin on this mod. This thread is not helping my cause.
Just do it, all the cool kids have one.

Quick Reply: Another happy Shotgun Shock customer