Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another happy Shotgun Shock customer

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2014 | 12:57 PM
Jimstang
Tourer

Originally Posted by Alain
Aaaaaaahhhhhh!!!!!
24v already said it perfectly. It's inevitable

Old 12-31-2014 | 02:01 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member

I'm not looking to show off by slamming the bike down when it's parked somewhere. All I want is to not have a gaint gap between my rear fender and my rear tire when I put on the heartland kit.

The comfortable ride I keep hearing about is just an added benefit. Quite honestly the only thing that bothers me about the stock shocks is that pogo stick bounce you get when leaning on corners and you go over a dip on the road or a pot hole.

Does the shotgun take care of that ?

Old 12-31-2014 | 02:16 PM
scheng32
|
Cruiser

I have only been able to do one ride with it on, 20 miles, so I can not say. Rode a road I am very familiar with and what used to be big bump was not so bad now. I didn't lean into the turns that hard because I was also breaking in a new tire

Old 12-31-2014 | 03:28 PM
24v
Elite HDF Member

I'm not looking to show off by slamming the bike down when it's parked somewhere. All I want is to not have a gaint gap between my rear fender and my rear tire when I put on the heartland kit.

The comfortable ride I keep hearing about is just an added benefit. Quite honestly the only thing that bothers me about the stock shocks is that pogo stick bounce you get when leaning on corners and you go over a dip on the road or a pot hole.

Does the shotgun take care of that ?
Yes, the shotgun gives you the ability to adjust the ride so that does not happen.

Old 12-31-2014 | 03:38 PM
greenbax
Banned

Originally Posted by 24v
Yes, the shotgun gives you the ability to adjust the ride so that does not happen.
A floating fender is the best way to close that gap. A shotgun shock or lowering the bike compromises the comfort, whereas a floating fender doesn't. Since it moves with the tire, you can get really close to the tire with no need to change the travel in the shocks. It is a different look however so some like it and some don't.

Old 12-31-2014 | 03:46 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by greenbax
A floating fender is the best way to close that gap. A shotgun shock or lowering the bike compromises the comfort, whereas a floating fender doesn't. Since it moves with the tire, you can get really close to the tire with no need to change the travel in the shocks. It is a different look however so some like it and some don't.
Yeah but with a floating fender then I have to deal with a gap between the seat and the fender. At that point I mjmight as well have kept the stock rocker seat set up.

Old 12-31-2014 | 04:16 PM
Bluraven
Grand HDF Member

We are straying off the OP's theme, however if all you are looking to do is lower the ride there may be cheaper options out there than Shockgun Shocks.

Eitherway I would think with any shock system the lower you go the lesser travel you will have and therefore the lesser about of damper you can get before bottoming out.

Just my opinion.

You might want to start another thread to address your specific needs.

Old 12-31-2014 | 06:53 PM
24v
Elite HDF Member

Yeah but with a floating fender then I have to deal with a gap between the seat and the fender. At that point I mjmight as well have kept the stock rocker seat set up.
Just take the fender off.

Old 12-31-2014 | 06:59 PM
24v
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by greenbax
A floating fender will do nothing to fix the ride characteristic he is talking about, that I was addressing.

Old 01-01-2015 | 07:45 PM
J.D.1
Former Sponsor
Default Your welcome

Originally Posted by scheng32
Took me a while to install but very happy with the outcome. I had to take off the rear tire, which also made the install easier. Getting the old shocks was a pain, had the loosen and move the ABS HCU to get the shocks out. I have the habit freight lift, which worked but having a better lift would have been nice.

Thanks JD.

We are proud to offer this USA made airsuspension, the sale price ends today, so there is still some time to get in on the deal,$1200 shipped,for softail application..

Quick Reply: Another happy Shotgun Shock customer