Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another happy Shotgun Shock customer

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2014 | 03:46 AM
cruzomatic
Road Master

Shotgun shock is nice. I just installed it myself and took a ride. It was way too soft in the beginning for me as and I was bouncing all over. After firming it up.....a lot better. Very nice ride.

Old 12-29-2014 | 04:57 AM
Echo6 Sierra
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Bluraven
There's no doubt the SS provides many options from a "cloud like" ride to the ability to slam the bike for show and tell.

I considered SS but have decided to just add a touring ride to the stable in the near future.

I go back and forth on this as well. I have a 2007 NT, which I own outright. I bought it 3 years ago and began the process of making it what I wanted. It's a great bike and it suits all my riding needs. I've put 300 miles on in a day and have no complaints. My *** was a little sore by the end, but it was worth it.

Recently I've been looking into the prospect of upgrading to a SG. My issue is what to do with the NT, and I've asked several friends who ride what they think. Some say you own the train, it's nice to have a spare bike, keep it. Others say you can only ride one at a time, trade it in and take some of the sting off the price of the SG. I'm not super deep into the train, so if I sold it privately I'm sure I could find a buyer to give me what I want for it. I just hate to trade in, then kick myself later.

I've never ridden a SG, or a softail with a SS for that matter. I was thinking that instead of spending $22k on a whole new touring bike, just spend $2-3k on a few mods (SS, wider front rim w/120 tire) to make the NT more comfortable. I don't expect with the addition of these mods my bike will ride like a touring bike, just trying to do my homework and make the best decision.

Sorry for the rant.

Originally Posted by jam436
..then this probably won't help either.
JD just announced another limited time price drop...

"..Shotgun Shock has extended our Christmas sale until Jan 1st , 2015..... $1200.00 shipped for any softail shock kit 323-359-4914..."

Just saw this after my last post...I hate you.

Last edited by Echo6 Sierra; 12-29-2014 at 05:03 AM.
Old 12-29-2014 | 07:46 AM
Alain
Elite HDF Member

What's the regular price on the shotgun when it's not on sale?

Old 12-29-2014 | 11:58 AM
dynaken
Cruiser

Cheapest I've seen (new) hovered around $1,500. I bought it at JD's Christmas Special but now it just sits in my garage because my Fatboy is in storage at the local HD dealership. So.....no reviews from me !!!

Old 12-29-2014 | 05:24 PM
24v
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Alain
What's the regular price on the shotgun when it's not on sale?
JUST BUY THE DAMN SHOCK!!
You know you want it. We know you want it. Just do it already.

Old 12-29-2014 | 07:07 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member

I need to fight it even more now. My wife wants to start modding her sportster and most of that money is coming out of my pocket lolol

Old 12-31-2014 | 10:10 AM
24v
Elite HDF Member

blah blah blah
Wifes Sporty can wait just a little longer.
BTW, you can put Shotgun Shocks on that also.

Old 12-31-2014 | 10:52 AM
Jimstang
Tourer

I need to fight it even more now. My wife wants to start modding her sportster and most of that money is coming out of my pocket lolol
It was a tough decision for me as well to drop that much coin on it but dam it's worth every cent. And it's not just the excellent ride quality, the looks you get when you raise and drop it is also a bonus.

Old 12-31-2014 | 11:08 AM
Alain
Elite HDF Member

Aaaaaaahhhhhh!!!!!

Old 12-31-2014 | 12:33 PM
Bluraven
Grand HDF Member

The cost was a big show stopper for me as well, however my only desire was for ride comfort for my Wife.
For me the stock Heritage ride is just fine.

I went with a cheaper route as to the shocks and the ride is now acceptable for my Wife.
However as mentioned I was only concerned about ride comfort.

If you want ride comfort and the "show and tell" function of slamming the bike I think your only choice is Shotgun Shocks.

Start saving.

Quick Reply: Another happy Shotgun Shock customer