Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another happy Shotgun Shock customer

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2014 | 08:12 AM
WKNDS
Grand HDF Member

Could you get a closeup picture of your dash mounted switches? That
is the same location I want to mount them when I get a SS.
thanks,

T.

Originally Posted by scheng32
Took me a while to install but very happy with the outcome. ...snip....

Old 12-26-2014 | 08:16 AM
jam436
Supporter

Originally Posted by Alain
****. I'm trying not to drop coin on this mod. This thread is not helping my cause.
..then this probably won't help either.
JD just announced another limited time price drop...

"..Shotgun Shock has extended our Christmas sale until Jan 1st , 2015..... $1200.00 shipped for any softail shock kit 323-359-4914..."

Old 12-26-2014 | 03:34 PM
J.D.1
Former Sponsor
Default Thanks for mentioning the sale price.

Originally Posted by jam436
..then this probably won't help either.
JD just announced another limited time price drop...

"..Shotgun Shock has extended our Christmas sale until Jan 1st , 2015..... $1200.00 shipped for any softail shock kit 323-359-4914..."
The actual sale price is $1150 and $50 for shipping and handling. Happy to offer this deal, any questions call or email , JD,3233594914, shotgunshock@yahoo.com.

Old 12-26-2014 | 04:58 PM
scheng32
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by WKNDS
Could you get a closeup picture of your dash mounted switches? That
is the same location I want to mount them when I get a SS.
thanks,

T.

I used the bracket that it comes with to mark the holes, drilled pilot holes and than opened it with a bigger drill bit. I cut the wiring harness in half and used a duestch connector to use wires I had ran under my tank last year when doing ape install last year.

Just took a test ride and realized when at the light and bike is still in gear i cannot mess with switches. Otherwise very happy with the while install, felt really comfortable and soft, didn't feel the bumps in the road, took it easy since I was also breaking a new rear tire.

I had been looking at this project for two year, glad I finally did it. At thanksgiving JD also did the price and couldn't pass up the price

Old 12-28-2014 | 01:14 PM
No Torque
Cruiser

Loving my SS! What a difference it made on my 2000 Fatboy.

My next softail project will be getting one aswell.

Old 12-28-2014 | 01:30 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member

MUST NOT COME BACK TO THIS THREAD !!!!!! Lol

Old 12-28-2014 | 02:14 PM
No Torque
Cruiser

Dude, just pull the trigger and start riding on the clouds. You'll thoroughly enjoy it, I promise.

Old 12-28-2014 | 03:20 PM
professorzoogy
Tourer

was wondering about the rebound and damping characteristics of the SS .....no pogo stick or bottoming out ? does it make the bike handle better in curves .....take away the shimmy ?

Old 12-28-2014 | 04:19 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by No Torque
Dude, just pull the trigger and start riding on the clouds. You'll thoroughly enjoy it, I promise.
Aaaahhhhh!!!!! Must not must not!! Seriously though. The only reason why I hesitate to do it now is because there are other mods that I want to take care of first. Like putting mids on my ride to go with the clip on bars.

Originally Posted by professorzoogy
was wondering about the rebound and damping characteristics of the SS .....no pogo stick or bottoming out ? does it make the bike handle better in curves .....take away the shimmy ?
I'm interested to see the answers to these questions. I know exactly what you mean by the shimmy when you lean it hard

Old 12-28-2014 | 04:55 PM
No Torque
Cruiser

Originally Posted by professorzoogy
I installed my SS at 98,000 miles on my Fatboy, since the shock install I've racked up about 5k miles. Needless to say, my factory shock was worn and tired. But it was something that I was so use to. After putting on the SS it took some time to dial everything in for the way i ride. I feel like I finally have a good grasp on how to adjust it on the fly, either riding solo or two up. And I can honestly say having the SS makes the bike feel much more planted in corners. With the right setup for your weight, riding style, etc you should never experience a bottoming out / pogo situation.

Quick Reply: Another happy Shotgun Shock customer