Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

street glide bags on softail?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2014 | 04:59 AM
OhioCummins
|
Stage I
Default street glide bags on softail?

I've been considering running a set of street glide style bags on my softail next summer for trips. I was wandering if anyone has ever tried to use the ez quick release brackets with harley hard bags on a softail before?

Either way I want to run hard bags with quick release brackets that don't have a ton of hardware showing when off.

Thanks,

Old 12-11-2014 | 06:47 AM
tccarl
Cruiser

I don't know about the ez brackets, but you have to buy the cyclevisions baggertail kit to mount the bags. I just finished mine up last week. They work great. And it comes with its own quick release hardware

Old 12-11-2014 | 08:16 AM
Lude-a-tick
Road Master

I mounted a set of HD hard bags from a Switchback on my FatBoy. The brackets bolted on at the top and lower/rear is mounted to the fender (had to drill). When bags are off you don't even notice the hardware. I love the Bagger to Barhopper in seconds ability.

Old 12-11-2014 | 08:20 AM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by Lude-a-tick
I mounted a set of HD hard bags from a Switchback on my FatBoy. The brackets bolted on at the top and lower/rear is mounted to the fender (had to drill). When bags are off you don't even notice the hardware. I love the Bagger to Barhopper in seconds ability.
I was wondering when someone was going to make that conversion.

Old 12-11-2014 | 12:35 PM
opencaliber
Cruiser

Lude-a-tick,
What year of Fat Boy do you have? Can you post some pictures what the hardware looks like on your bike. I want a quick detach set up but I don't want it to look like **** when the bags are off.

Old 12-14-2014 | 09:56 AM
Lude-a-tick
Road Master

2001, but I no longer own the bike. Sorry I don't have any pics without bags, check out my profile for pics with bags on. I also fabricated a set of fillers that mounted to the bags so when the bags were removed it was a nice clean look. The upper mounts attached to the struts, I had them and fillers powder coated for better wear.

Old 12-14-2014 | 10:44 AM
2007fxstc
Tourer

Originally Posted by tccarl
I don't know about the ez brackets, but you have to buy the cyclevisions baggertail kit to mount the bags. I just finished mine up last week. They work great. And it comes with its own quick release hardware

TC can you please post a picture or 2 of your hardware set up both mounted and off your bike.

I just got a set of 2012 SG bags to try on my FXSTC.

THANKS

Old 12-14-2014 | 06:17 PM
tccarl
Cruiser

Yup.. I'll take some pics for ya in the morning... Just sent my bags off to paint. So you will be able to see the bracket setup.

Old 12-14-2014 | 06:48 PM
colonelangus1
Road Master

heres a pic of glide bags on my softail crossbones with various quick release setups from bar hopper to full touring mode .. I added a rear pic to show brackets.. cycle visions sells the filler panels I just havnt purchased them yet probably over winter .. with the fatboy fender the bags are longer so I may stretch the fender to suit? .. I can remove everything except the saddlebags but I always use them anyway..

Last edited by colonelangus1; 12-14-2014 at 07:03 PM.
Old 12-14-2014 | 07:45 PM
2007fxstc
Tourer

Thanks guys
TC post them when you can.
With my bobtail fender I won't be able to use the lower stabilizer, I went to the CV site and they had nothing for a FXSTC so I will have to improvise.... just not sure of my next move.

Hopefully TC ' S pic's and these can shed more light on the FXSTC use of these SG bags.

Quick Reply: street glide bags on softail?