Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weird turn sig issue

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2014 | 12:17 AM
Daddy454
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by RIPSAW
The TSM or TSSM (alarm) circuit is relatively smart. Mine does the same thing if it reads too low a resistance, burnt bulb, bad connection, led bulbs...etc. Since yours starts normal, it must be OK and then problem heats (sounds like a ground somewhere..not enough to take out a fuse but enough to trip sensor in TSM) and it goes into signal mode to tell you what it thinks which is a bad bulb.
Sounds like I get to go back to square one.WonderfulThanks man.

Old 12-15-2014 | 12:23 AM
Daddy454
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by Harleycruiser
Yes, check your ground with a jump wire from frame to light base. Look at your bulb and see that one filemint is on one is blinking.
You have changed the resistance somewhere just need to find out where. Go back to what you changed and start there.
Bulbs what orange bulbs did you use?
Will do.I did have to disassemble the bulb housings to PC them and one side did give me trouble going back together,although now I don't remember which side.Thought I had her dicked,but maybe not.I swapped them out with what I thought were standard amber sig bulb-from ACE-although I had to grind one tit off,because it wasn't exact.Appears this May be part of the problem.Didn't think it would make much difference.Ima check it out.

Old 12-15-2014 | 12:27 AM
Daddy454
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by 1004ron
When I first ran my LED's without the load equaliser,it did just that, starts flashing at normal rate for a couple of seconds and then at the high speed flash.

I suspect that the bulbs used with the modification are not in the same wattage range as the originals and that's causing the TSM/TSSM to flash at a high rate - best to try the original bulbs to confirm this theory.
Never did think to look at the bulb wattage.....didn't know these TSM's were so finicky-first Harley.I appreciate you guys knowledge here and giving me a direction to go.This was getting frustrating.