Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FuelPak

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2014 | 09:02 AM
checkers
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Skeezmachine
We're talking about a Fatboy as it relates to all other wide tire softails. These models have the ECM amount directly to the fender and do not have a recessed rubber tray like the heritage, deluxe, slim or numerous other narrow tire softails.
As stated "on a Heritage" This is for reference for other owners that read the Softail section.

Old 12-13-2014 | 03:33 PM
fatusboyus
Road Master

Originally Posted by saz
I have one currently on my 2007 softail which should work for you. I just ordered a new tuner and the FP is going up for sale as soon as it gets here. If you are interested shoot me a PM.
I have an 07 fatboy, i'd be interested in your fuel pak when you are ready to sell it...."should" work just fine, according to there site I need a 61007A

let me know, i'm in no hurry

Old 12-13-2014 | 06:36 PM
Skeezmachine
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by checkers
As stated "on a Heritage" This is for reference for other owners that read the Softail section.
I understand that you're trying to be helpful to "other readers of the softail section". However, in the process you are introducing irrelevant information to a specific conversation thus bringing possible confusin to the matter. Stating that your heritage has a recessed tray for the ecm and that Vance and Hines provides a deeper one for the install of a fuelpak has absolutely no bearing to the models that we are trying to determin fitment for. It's done absolutely nothing to answer the questions that were originally asked in this thread. If you simply need to express how these things fit on a heritage then there's a ton of other threads where that information fits perfectly.

Well actually I guess you can feel free to post whatever info you'd like here. It's not my thread and I'm pretty much finished with the topic since it seems that the OP and I can't really help each other out without any additional and relevant insight.

Old 12-14-2014 | 06:58 AM
checkers
Ultimate HDF Member

Wow!!

Old 12-14-2014 | 08:40 AM
Bluraven
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Skeezmachine
you are introducing irrelevant information to a specific conversation thus bringing possible confusin to the matter.
You've got this one wrong.

The OP maybe looking for fitment for a Fatboy, however the thread is "Titled" as "Fuelpak" not "Fuelpak for Fatboy".

I'm all about keeping the thread from "subject creep" but Checkers was only providing information related to the subject which is "Fuelpak" and how the Fuelpak fits a Heritage.

Also, how would someone know that the same deeper tray used on a Heritage doesn't work on a Fatboy?
Maybe it doesn't but maybe it does, at least Checkers provided a possible solution to the problem.

Your response would have been better as; "a deeper tray may work on a Heritage but it won't work on a Fatboy"