Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FuelPak

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2014 | 10:10 AM
RomperStomper
|
Intermediate

Originally Posted by checkers
The one I have for sale is a 61001A.
Thanks, but I don't think it will work.

Old 12-06-2014 | 11:59 AM
ILMFBL
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Bluraven
No, Fuel Paks are not tied to VINs.
Right you are, however, the FuelPak3 does marry to your vin once installed. Just mentioning for peeps that don't realize there's a difference. Carry on.

Old 12-06-2014 | 08:09 PM
nada1
Advanced

I run the same slipons on a 2010...3 days after putting them on, I ordered the quiet baffles for them...sounds much deeper now, and got back the low end I lost with the pipe change....just to nasty of a sound with the stock baffel

Old 12-07-2014 | 11:16 AM
RomperStomper
|
Intermediate

Originally Posted by nada1
I run the same slipons on a 2010...3 days after putting them on, I ordered the quiet baffles for them...sounds much deeper now, and got back the low end I lost with the pipe change....just to nasty of a sound with the stock baffel
I installed a full exhaust system not slip-ons. After install I disconnected the battery thinking it might reset the ECM to recalibrate for the new system. Took it for a ride and the decal popping wasn't that noticeable at all. I don't know if disconnecting the battery did anything or not? I like the sound of the pipes, just thought they might be louder. I will probably take out the baffles and see how it sounds. I had a 1200 sporty running straight shots with no baffles and sounded great, got a lot of compliments on the sound .

Still looking for a fuelpak.

Old 12-10-2014 | 10:19 AM
Skeezmachine
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by cbaywolf
Aren't Fuelpak's tied to a vin once used?
No.

Originally Posted by RomperStomper
I checked the site http://fuelpakfi.com/vtwin/applications.html and it says I need 61007A.
The one I have for sale is a 61001A.
Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. Sounds like mine won't work for you either. I have the model that is specified for the Rocker and Crossbones.

It's weird to me that there is a different one specifically for those two bikes but then there is a model for Softails with 200mm rear tires. The Crossbones is a Softail with a 200mm rear tire. Other than the springer front end, I haven't been able to determine what about it is any different than the Fatboy of the same model year...

Anyway. That's neither here nor there at this point.

Sorry I couldn't help. Good luck with your search...

Skeez

Old 12-11-2014 | 04:57 PM
RomperStomper
|
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Skeezmachine
No.

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. Sounds like mine won't work for you either. I have the model that is specified for the Rocker and Crossbones.

It's weird to me that there is a different one specifically for those two bikes but then there is a model for Softails with 200mm rear tires. The Crossbones is a Softail with a 200mm rear tire. Other than the springer front end, I haven't been able to determine what about it is any different than the Fatboy of the same model year...

Anyway. That's neither here nor there at this point.

Sorry I couldn't help. Good luck with your search...

Skeez
I called customer service for fuelpak and they said that the 1A harness plug is shorter than the 7A. 7A can be used in place of the 1A but not the other way around. The plug will come up short.

Old 12-12-2014 | 08:58 AM
Skeezmachine
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by RomperStomper
I called customer service for fuelpak and they said that the 1A harness plug is shorter than the 7A. 7A can be used in place of the 1A but not the other way around. The plug will come up short.

Curious...

I guess I don't know enough about where they recommend you place the FuelPak on a Fatboy. On the Crossbones, The fuel pack as well as the secondary ECM plug sit on top of the battery. In order to accommodate it one has to slightly modify the plastic frame cover that goes under the seat. I know that it is not really possible to do that with seats such as that of a Fatboy or Deluxe.

Where does V&H recommend you place the unit on your bike? I've been running a Fatboy Lo fender on my Bones for the last three years and am having a hard time figuring how the installation would differ...

Old 12-12-2014 | 07:22 PM
saz
Cruiser

I have one currently on my 2007 softail which should work for you. I just ordered a new tuner and the FP is going up for sale as soon as it gets here. If you are interested shoot me a PM.

Old 12-12-2014 | 07:58 PM
checkers
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Skeezmachine
Curious...

I guess I don't know enough about where they recommend you place the FuelPak on a Fatboy. On the Crossbones, The fuel pack as well as the secondary ECM plug sit on top of the battery. In order to accommodate it one has to slightly modify the plastic frame cover that goes under the seat. I know that it is not really possible to do that with seats such as that of a Fatboy or Deluxe.

Where does V&H recommend you place the unit on your bike? I've been running a Fatboy Lo fender on my Bones for the last three years and am having a hard time figuring how the installation would differ...
On a Heritage, Fuelpak supplies a deeper tray for the ECM to set into the rear fender and the Fuekpak is piggybacked on the top of ECM. Works well and easy install.

Old 12-12-2014 | 09:12 PM
Skeezmachine
Stellar HDF Member

On a Heritage, Fuelpak supplies a deeper tray for the ECM to set into the rear fender and the Fuekpak is piggybacked on the top of ECM. Works well and easy install.
We're talking about a Fatboy as it relates to all other wide tire softails. These models have the ECM amount directly to the fender and do not have a recessed rubber tray like the heritage, deluxe, slim or numerous other narrow tire softails.

Quick Reply: FuelPak