Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2014, 06:43 PM
fatusboyus
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Hawaii-Five-Jo
We have a winner! LOL
Could they work on your ride? I think they're the closest looking by far
figures......a bitchin lookin chrome wheel for $500, ....but not for a 07 fatboy

Old 12-18-2014, 01:02 AM
Bone Doc
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,911 Likes on 4,134 Posts

Originally Posted by tbonetony06
DAMN, some nice wheels out there. I have had my finger on the trigger a few times now but every time I think of dropping a 1k a wheel I get trigger shy!!! That's 2500 bucks towards paint, a 124 motor and so on down the list. To be honest, there isn't anything on this bike that has not been touched, replaced, chromed, added or rebuilt. About all that is left is paint and or wheels.

I have had people all but beg me not to paint this bike, to leave it the black and white. I had intentions on paint from the very beginning but this has turned out so nice I'm struggling with it. Rest easy though, I wont paint these tins. I already have another tank and I can pick fenders up at any swap meet cheap. Now, a color? My 1st choice from the start was a nice bright but subtle powder blue. Since then a few other colors have come to mind.

I also love reds and burgandys but I don't want a color that people mistake for black when riding at night. I do show this bike so what ever color I pick it has to POP or I have wasted my time and money. I have won with this black and white, I would hate to put that time and money in it and not win, place or show. yes, I know it only matters to me but winning tells you that you have done something right in the eyes of bother biker and sisters.
Tony,

You have a beautiful bike. No denying that. IMO, the most obvious mod that sets a bike apart from a stock bike is paint. If you want a custom bike, change the paint scheme. You don't have to change the colors, just the scheme. Look at Motown Strag's bike. He kept his Deluxe black and white but chose a different scheme and it looks great. I don't know why people would beg you to keep stock paint colors and scheme on a show bike?

Put another black and white '06 Deluxe next to yours and the only obvious difference would be different pipes, bars, seat and chrome. You can't see the engine mods. Change the stock paint scheme and now it is a different bike.

You want to make your bike really different and custom than other '06 Deluxes, paint it. It doesn't have to be ostentatious with flames, etc. I painted my Heritage black and white because I like those colors. It goes back to when I was a kid and saw a '58 Vette in black and white. My '88 Heritage was black and crème. There were no stock black and white Heritages. I decided to paint my bike the way I did because of this picture...

Just my $0.02. I would do paint before wheels. Stay warm up there. Happy Holidays to you and yours.

Boog