Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fatboy Seat

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 05:53 PM
rushguy
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fatboy Seat

I put the sundowner on today..it is a world of difference from stock..tho I like the lower profile of the stock passenger seat. This looks like an elephant compared to a panther lol. Now I want to get a very comfy solo seat and a bib to cover up the fender to match...any suggestions?

Old 04-19-2007, 11:53 PM
ga4boats
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rushguy,

I would live to see a pic of the bke with the new seat.

Brent.

Old 04-20-2007, 12:03 AM
rushguy
Cruiser

Its dark out now but I'll take a couple of pics in the morning and post em.

Old 04-20-2007, 02:13 PM
rushguy
Cruiser

Ok just a little review of the Fatboy Sundowner seat for 07.

1. One piece unlike the two piece stock seat.

2. Much larger profile..this sucker imo really takes away any sleekness to the look.

3. Unlike our stock seat it doesnt Say Harley Davidson on the seat.

4. It has great back support but to fully utilize it I would have to pull my handlebars back at least two inches and up two inches.

5. It hurts my ballz..probably just the way I'm built but its just to narrow up front. If I were to move the handlebars as stated above then I could sit further back but with stock position on bars I'm forced to sit on the most narrow part of the seat.

So this could be a great seat if you have stock bars and long arms or if you plan on changing or moving the bars back..I'm no expert but I've heard the term risers and such lol. Also it has a much higer profile so it to me looks like a camel..much better seat for a passenger tho but its so high my daughter couldnt even touch the passenger pegs anymore.

I'm bringing it back to the dealer and saving the money for a solo seat and fender bib..stocker will suffice for now even tho it doesn't cut it for my lower back.

Heres some pics and the last pic is stock.

Old 04-20-2007, 03:10 PM
Babs
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Another vote if you're doing any real miles for the mustang seats.. Very comfy! Now if I could actually get the time to ride, everything would be everything!

Old 04-20-2007, 05:14 PM
rushguy
Cruiser

Babs is that the Mustang wide vintage solo in your sig? I'm not a big guy..31 inch waist. Also I hope I don't discourage anyone from looking at the Sundowner if they want the 07 Fatboy studs and fringe look..thats the only reason I tried it to match my saddlebags really. It would probably be a good choice for a bigger person..I'm 5'10 average length arms. Well heres my bike back to stock..have to park in the grass across from my driveway tonight..sealing the drive and if I leave it in I wont be able to ride for 48 hours.

Old 04-20-2007, 05:49 PM
Babs
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: rushguy
Babs is that the Mustang wide vintage solo in your sig?
It is indeed the wide vintage solo. For someone your size, the standard width seat I think would be more appropriate. 38" waist here, and I think I could still go with either seat.. It's a big seat at 17" wide. Nice bike!

Old 09-04-2008, 10:54 AM
lclement
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Babs
It is indeed the wide vintage solo. For someone your size, the standard width seat I think would be more appropriate. 38" waist here, and I think I could still go with either seat.. It's a big seat at 17" wide. Nice bike!
Oh man. I hope I am comfy with the wide vintage solo… I have a 32-33 inch waist and am 6’ft at the present time; it will be here tmrw so keeping my fingers crossed.

Old 09-04-2008, 12:28 PM
tunaman
Road Warrior
Received 309 Likes on 203 Posts

C&C Seats, Solo for 1-up, Sport Tour for 2-up, all for local short rides.

For long rides I just ordered a Mustang Wide based on my research, and should have it some time next week.

Roger

Old 09-04-2008, 03:01 PM
Tin Gizel
Road Warrior

another vote for the Wide Vintage Solo (i got mine with removable backrest) from Mustang

Quick Reply: Fatboy Seat