Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 fat boy lo is probably goin in the garage!

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2014 | 08:53 PM
ryan9977
|
Tourer
Default 2013 fat boy lo is probably goin in the garage!

Ok so I got a 2013 probably goin in the garage this week...just waiting to hear back from the guy tomorrow ...anyway I was already thinking of some mods but needed some opinions...I was thinking

Vance and Hines short shots...always liked the look and sound....

Arlen ness stage 1 big sucker...read some good reviews...like the simple black one

Now I know I need something for the computer...any advice to complete the stage one....I don't wanna spend a ton of money ...I'm not crazy where I expect a ton of increase in power or anything...I just want the bike to run good and not have any pop or anything

Bars was thinking carlini gangster apes 18 inches....I'm 6'4.... I like the look , was wondering what others thought that had em and what size they chose....

Now I know I need cables....what do I need for internally wired bars....and is it worth the extra effort....I have a friend who said they'd install them....I just have to bring all the parts over to him and he'll do the bars so any links or advice on what I need would be appreciated....

I'm probably gonna add an engine guard and pegs....any advice on what pegs you guys like....I saw a few. Bigger guys like the harley 360 degree ones....other than that I have no idea.....thanks for any help....Ryan

P.s....I know I've asked a bunch of questions in the past about stuff and u guys have always been quick to help....I'm glad my search for a new bike is almost over!....I've been racking my friggin brains...ryan

Old 11-16-2014 | 08:29 AM
jam436
Supporter

Originally Posted by ryan9977
Now I know I need something for the computer...any advice to complete the stage one....I don't wanna spend a ton of money ...I'm not crazy where I expect a ton of increase in power or anything...I just want the bike to run good and not have any pop or anything
The Vance & Hines FuelPak 3 is a good bet if you don't plan to go beyond a Stage 1.
Plug it in, reprogram the map and you're good to go.
It even has an AutoTune feature if you want to tweak it further, but from my experience you'll probably be happy enough with that first map.

My oil temps plummeted, the bike has more power and pulls harder from top to bottom, it runs smoother, sounds better and decel pop is a distant memory.

$$ well spent IMO.
I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Old 11-16-2014 | 10:25 AM
Fat11Lo
Road Warrior

If you haven't already check out the "Calling All Fat Boy Lo Owners" thread

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...lo-owners.html

There is a place on the top right underneath the page numbers called "search this thread" type in any of the mods you mentioned most of them have been at least discussed if not done by some of the folks on there, there are many tips tricks and plenty of feedback on the things you are looking to do. Any questions, just ask there is a wealth of knowledge and experience at your fingertips and plenty of pics too.

Jam, good to hear you got your tuning issues solved.

Old 11-16-2014 | 11:04 AM
ryan9977
|
Tourer

Good to know. I'll check out the thread. No plans to ever go past a stage one either. Thanks

Old 11-16-2014 | 12:46 PM
SPARKY01
Road Master

Originally Posted by jam436
The Vance & Hines FuelPak 3 is a good bet if you don't plan to go beyond a Stage 1.
Plug it in, reprogram the map and you're good to go.
It even has an AutoTune feature if you want to tweak it further, but from my experience you'll probably be happy enough with that first map.

My oil temps plummeted, the bike has more power and pulls harder from top to bottom, it runs smoother, sounds better and decel pop is a distant memory.

$$ well spent IMO.
I'd do it again in a heartbeat.
Exactly. Added V&H 3" slips ons, FuelPak3, and Arlen Ness Inverted A/C over last couple of days and really woke up my 15 FatBoy! Only got to ride for a couple of miles due to crummy Arctic bu**s**t weather but really seems to pull like a diesel and no popping. The FuelPak 3 is really a cool advancement for tuners.

Old 11-16-2014 | 12:48 PM
SPARKY01
Road Master

Originally Posted by SPARKY01
Exactly. Added V&H 3" slips ons, FuelPak3, and Arlen Ness Inverted A/C over last couple of days and really woke up my 15 FatBoy! Only got to ride for a couple of miles due to crummy Arctic bu**s**t weather but really seems to pull like a diesel and no popping. The FuelPak 3 is really a cool advancement for tuners.
DUH! My 14 FatBoy!

Old 11-16-2014 | 05:19 PM
ryan9977
|
Tourer

The fuelpak definitely sounds good for me...looks small and easy to tuck in there.....looks like just what I need....ryan

Old 11-20-2014 | 09:30 PM
ryan9977
|
Tourer

just wanted to update this thread cause i hate it when people don't update!…lol…i wound up passing on the batboy…i just didn't feel right about it…got myself a 2012 road king though!!!!!!!!!!///woohoo…ryan