Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road King or Heritage

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2014 | 11:49 PM
Tailsfrommycrib
Elite HDF Member

LOL Like clock work. Still futile and funny. I love the softail forum. Great owners and great bikes

Old 11-14-2014 | 12:39 AM
erbssr
|
Cruiser

Thanks for the input

Old 11-14-2014 | 01:47 AM
Nickatnyt
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by NDBadlands4-2
I like this reply. I put several thousand miles a year on my Heritage. All of it solo and all of it commuting or trips under 200 miles. Beyond that I take the touring bike.

In a nutshell this is a succinct and honest answer. I am constantly torn between my FatBoy softtail or getting an RK, which are great bikes. Fact is for my 'current' riding needs (100 or less miles at a time) the FB softy is perfect, and doesn't look like a bagger, but rather looks like a REAL motorcycle.

Old 11-14-2014 | 04:10 AM
03fattyaz
Road Master
Veteran: Navy

The problem IMO with the king is that in stock form the rider is up on the bike with the bars by their knees. The only way to make it cool is to slam it with apes which pretty much negates the superior handling. So if your thing is riding great distances while not looking cool go with the king. If you want to ride the best looking bike harley makes get some tail!

Old 11-14-2014 | 04:33 AM
jamesroadking
Road Warrior

I had a Evo Heritage, loved it. Had a twin cam 88 Roadking, liked it.
Now ride a 103 Ultra Limited. The old and the new Heritage's fit me like a glove, love the legs forward, low seat height. Now that they come with ABS, being able to stop without skidding in panic insinuation is real important for me! But, here's the one issue I have with buying a newer Heritage, and I can not figure out in this day and age why HD still hasn't put cruise control on them. I love the fly by wire cruise control on the touring bikes.
I'll pass on any bike that does not have ABS brakes, and cruise control now days, once you have them you'll won't go back to the throttle locks. The new Indian that kind of looks like a heritage comes with electronic cruise control and ABS brakes. (But the fenders are so stupidly ugly).

Last edited by jamesroadking; 11-14-2014 at 04:49 AM.
Old 11-14-2014 | 08:54 AM
GadgetBandit
Advanced

Love my `04 Heritage. I can cruise at 85, all day long. I can do 600 miles a day with out wanting to jump off. And, with a few changes, My little 88 is spunky and is a blast to drive.

Old 11-14-2014 | 09:20 AM
Tony P
Seasoned HDF Member

A Heritage (or my Dyna) will never ride like a touring rig, However, after I upgraded the suspension on my Dyna, it's a bit closer. I'm not all beat up after a long ride. My point is, upgrade the stock suspension on the Heritage, and I think you will truly have a bike for all rides. That being said, the RK has the cruise control you can't get on the Heritage. It may not should like much of a difference, but I would take that over a radio.

Old 11-14-2014 | 09:48 AM
erbssr
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by 03fattyaz
The problem IMO with the king is that in stock form the rider is up on the bike with the bars by their knees. The only way to make it cool is to slam it with apes which pretty much negates the superior handling. So if your thing is riding great distances while not looking cool go with the king. If you want to ride the best looking bike harley makes get some tail!
Actually for 2015 they changed the bars to more like what the police bikes have. I have ridden them & they handle very nicely for me. Now if you had long legs it might still be a problem but I don't think so.

Old 11-14-2014 | 11:49 AM
erbssr
|
Cruiser

I think if I could EASILY put the new style HD hard bags on my Heritage, I'd be happy

Old 11-14-2014 | 05:55 PM
09heritagerider
Road Captain

I think the RK and the touring line are awesome for doing 80 mph on the highway for a long time. However, I don't know many people who are comfortable on it in its stock form (ie. ergonomics/seat/handlebars/height/etc). The Heritage is more a "jack of all trades," including the looks department (for me anyway).

Quick Reply: Road King or Heritage