Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2 into 1 for hard bagged softail

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2014, 07:20 PM
barchetta
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 into 1 for hard bagged softail

I have a pro pipe and love the sound and power so Im gonna stick with a 2 into 1.. but I cannot find one that will clear the rear of my bags.. mine is the older model pro pipe.. the "HP"..

Is there a long slip on I cold use that would have the correct inside diameter?

Any ideas? I really want it to clear the bags in the rear to look right..

Old 11-05-2014, 07:44 PM
06 flstfise
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I am not sure but I know for my fatcat the heritage "can" is longer than the fatboys so I would check that and if that is not long enough I would check a touring models. Just ideas not sure how much work would be needed or how much work you want to do to make it work.

Last edited by 06 flstfise; 11-05-2014 at 07:46 PM.
Old 11-05-2014, 07:52 PM
barchetta
Tourer

Originally Posted by 06 flstfise
I am not sure but I know for my fatcat the heritage "can" is longer than the fatboys so I would check that and if that is not long enough I would check a touring models. Just ideas not sure how much work would be needed or how much work you want to do to make it work.

Thanks.. but the touring bikes wont work on a softail.. engine tilted different..

we are talking 12" at least so the heritage pipes are not gonna do it..

Did find one bike that has a nice setup but dont know what he used.. also attachng one of mine with the pro pipe.. you can see how short it is.

Attached Thumbnails 2 into 1 for hard bagged softail-heritagebagger.jpg   2 into 1 for hard bagged softail-bike-bag-2.jpg  
Old 11-05-2014, 07:56 PM
Knuckles73
Tourer

I was running my Heritage fatcat with hard bags, RK leather bags and now I just got 4" stretched bags with Rt side cut out only. I have inquired with D&D about them making duals with a ghost pipe like they do for Touring bikes. They said they have no intention at this time.

But I wonder if you could swap just the muffler on softball fatcat with a touring one?

Old 11-05-2014, 07:58 PM
barchetta
Tourer

Originally Posted by Knuckles73
I was running my Heritage fatcat with hard bags, RK leather bags and now I just got 4" stretched bags with Rt side cut out only. I have inquired with D&D about them making duals with a ghost pipe like they do for Touring bikes. They said they have no intention at this time.

But I wonder if you could swap just the muffler on softball fatcat with a touring one?

In general, what i have seen is the header collector on touring bikes is WAY further back.. not sure about fat cats though.

Old 11-05-2014, 08:02 PM
barchetta
Tourer

I just confirmed.. the fat cat touring has a way longer header pipe.. at least the photos look that way.

Old 11-05-2014, 08:34 PM
06 flstfise
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Again being i have the fatcat I just measured my old muffler (generic softail model) at roughly 24in, muffler for the heritage model which is on bike roughly 26in and an old measurement from my buddies bagger was 29in. All for the muffler so if you can find someone with a pro pipe on a bagger see if you can get a measurement on the muffler. Best of luck

Old 11-05-2014, 08:37 PM
barchetta
Tourer

Originally Posted by 06 flstfise
Again being i have the fatcat I just measured my old muffler (generic softail model) at roughly 24in, muffler for the heritage model which is on bike roughly 26in and an old measurement from my buddies bagger was 29in. All for the muffler so if you can find someone with a pro pipe on a bagger see if you can get a measurement on the muffler. Best of luck
I bought a pro pipe muffler for a bagger from ebay.. its 2" longer roughly.

Old 11-05-2014, 11:00 PM
Snowyone
Road Captain
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Default long pipe

What's going to be tough is supporting that long pipe with a softail hanger. The deckers have a hanger on the bag support you might want to incorporate to handle the extra weight and length.

Old 11-06-2014, 08:31 AM
dharmon012
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

is that your exhaust in the picture in your sig? is your bike lowered? when i put hard bags on my fatboy the only recommendation was exhaust below the axle, which looks like you clear. unless youre doing drop bags

Quick Reply: 2 into 1 for hard bagged softail