Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

who else rides with no turn blinkers?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 02:16 PM
flibuoy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Default RE: who else rides with no turn blinkers?

After I posted my reply my attached Deuce picture caught me eye. With the recessed lenses they all but disappear in that view. I looked over my other pictures and from rear the recessed red lenses look pretty good to me...I have that kit that makes them light with brakes too. From the front the smoked lenses just don't jump out at you at a glance, mine are still on bars (first time I have not relocated them on Harley). Anyway this is clearly a case of enhanced safety that can even justify ugly. Like a lime green rubber in Mexican border town. John

Old 04-13-2007, 04:06 PM
GADave
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Way back in the day... and I mean way back (1970's), I had a Suzuki 185 enduro when I turned 16. Had my MC endorsement and had the bike registered. Used to ride it in the dirt all the time and constantly broke off the signals, so I just left them off and used hand signals. Town cop - who I'd had a few run-ins with on other matters - quickly pulled me over and gave me an inspection ticket on an obscure MD law that requires a bike to have turn signals if it was originally equipped with them. I had just taken my MC endorsement drivers test on the same bike without the signals, passed, and noone ever said a word about it.

Had to go buy signals to replace the busted up ones and put them on. Last I ever rode a street legal bike w/o turn signals.

Unfortunately, it wasn't the last time I saw the town cop. [:@]

Dave

Old 04-13-2007, 05:43 PM
Littleshack
Cruiser

I do not have them on Front Or Back but I have a laydown Taillight with them in it and it blinks for a few secs.

Old 04-13-2007, 06:46 PM
DickGrayson
Road Captain

Maryland vehicle code § 22-206

"(b) Turn signals.- Every motor vehicle, trailer, semitrailer, and pole trailer registered in this State and sold as a new vehicle after June 1, 1961, shall be equipped with electric turn signal lamps meeting the requirements of § 22-219 (b) through (h) of this subtitle, except that:

(1) Motorcycles need not be equipped with electric turn signal lamps"

Old 04-15-2007, 06:13 AM
vertigo14
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Heck no... I even added a circuit that turns the turn signals into brake lights...

Old 04-25-2007, 02:27 AM
helbnt
6th Gear

I have a '98 Fatboy that's been heavily customized (no pics yet but soon). I have no blinkers on it but I want to put some on. Just trying to find something that will look nice and also be seen. I don't like gawdy blinkers, more of the hidden type but that stand out like a mother****er when you turn them on. So far I haven't has any problems with people not seeing me. I flash the hell out of my brake light when riding at night so people at least know something is up in front of them. During the day I use hand and arm signals.

Of course, no amount of arm/hand or blinker signaling will save you from theidiots yapping on cell phones.They're the devil!

Old 04-25-2007, 02:51 AM
moggsy
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think you are mad not riding without indicators but hell its your life.

May not be you but lots of crazy tin-top drivers in my neck of the woods.Using hand signals for me would drive me nuts but hey thats just me.Agree that it looks better without,also without mirrors looks cool but safety has to come into it sometime.

Good luck dude and please stay safe.....

Old 04-25-2007, 07:07 PM
lobo0101
Tourer

i dont' like the look of turn signals but didn't want to do without them so i installed these ledsunder the lower triple tree. i used the same wiring and installed load equalizers under my seat.