Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fishtail Help

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2014, 10:45 PM
*tragic*
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jameson
which is why I am swapping to a deluxe fender
Lol you ready for it now?

Old 10-15-2014, 10:15 AM
Samson_tech
Former Sponsor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kneesinthebreeze View Post
Glad to see you guys are on your feet again. I bought mine before your move and have loved having them on my bike every minute. I can be in a crowd of 10 or more bikes and the fishtails get top compliments. OP, In my opinion you are moving in the right direction with either the 23" or the 28 1/2".
Thank you kneesinthebreeze and I'm glad to hear that you love having Samson fishtails on your bike. I've ran all lengths on my deluxe and my Shop Foreman and I were just talking about how similar anything 33" to 42" are when you just look at them on the bike. I know a lot of people might disagree but considering I am involved with making these everyday I pulled out a set of 33's because we are doing some videos after work so people can really see the size comparisons and I actually got mad for a minute and thought my shipping department put 36" ones in the box by mistake. I pulled out my tape and they were 33" ones just like they were supposed to be.

I have to say though, nothing compares to the sound you get our of either a 23.5" or a 28.5".

Originally Posted by Hogpro
That rear is a 16". Definitely a stock fatboy fender with brackets to raise it for the 21". The bracket part number is 1410-0066 in chrome or 1410-0067 in black. It is solely my opinion that the stock fender sits a little weird for a 21" wheel with the brackets but you cannot tell from seeing it at this angle. I still prefer the Deluxe or Heritage fender for that old school nostalgic look.

Hats off to any company that owns up to their current situation regardless of what it is. Working in this industry thing happen that are beyond anyone;s control and have the ability to really screw everything for all involved and I know this as well as anyone else. There is a lot more to manufacturing that just putting the product in a box and shipping it out. Samson has always taken great care of us and will continue to. It takes what it takes to get the product made to spec. better to wait a long time than receive a substandard product.

I will be selling Samson fishtails again as soon as they have some ready to ship me so let me know and I can get you pricing and a lead time. I am sure Samson will revive themselves in a timely manner and continue producing the nicest fishtails on the market.
Thank you Hogpro!

Thanks for your support Hogpro! Things are really starting to turn around for us here. You wouldn't believe all of the trials and tribulations we have gone through since the move. Pretty much anything that could happen became a reality and I for one will never give up let anything beat me down to defeat. Probably the worst part of this whole process of picking up an entire manufacturing plant and moving it over 1500 miles across the United States was a month before we moved we had a meeting with our chrome plater of over 10 years. I just wanted to let them know that we would be shipping our crates back and forth to them as our primary plater because I know in business people can get nervous even after 10 years when they think they might be losing one of their larges clients. What unfolded was shocking when we were asked to please not disclose the fact that they would be shutting their doors for good in less than two weeks due to CARB and the EPA (they hadn't even told their employees yet). Needless to say we have finally after traveling all across the U.S. found a quality Hexavalent Chrome Plating company that can handle our volume and provide the quality that our customers expect from us. It's like I can finally breathe without feeling like an elephant is sitting on my chest. We come in everyday at 6 a.m. and I'm usually here to well after 8 p.m. doing our best to get back where we left off.

On behalf of Samson I just want to say that we are grateful for those of you that have stuck by us through these difficult times. There is nothing worse than the feeling of knowing that you have made customers or dealers unhappy even though you've given your whole life and all of your energy into trying to make things work. Everyone have a great day and always ride safe!

Thank you,
Brian

Old 10-15-2014, 10:54 AM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor
Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

When the S-471 pipes come in will let you guys know along with all the other lengths. I am sure Brian will as well.