Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fishtail Help

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2014 | 10:27 PM
jcsshane
|
Tourer

LOL - I think I have the info needed guys - Thanks. I must admit to liking the length of the Samson Rig - But haven't heard them. I've also heard some....issues on some items and service. Correct me if I'm wrong there. jc

Old 10-14-2014 | 10:09 AM
Samson_tech
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by pipeyeti
Are these or the 28.5" actually available?
LOL - I think I have the info needed guys - Thanks. I must admit to liking the length of the Samson Rig - But haven't heard them. I've also heard some....issues on some items and service. Correct me if I'm wrong there. jc
I'll be the first to admit we have had issues getting things back from chrome in a timely manner but everything is coming back quickly and efficiently now and our chrome is Quad Chrome (hexavalent) not trivalent.

Yes these are available. If you want them I can have them shipped out to you today. If you want 42" ones I can ship those out to you today as well.

http://www.samsonusa.com/S-235.html#.VD08ZfnF_Tc

Thank you,
Brian

Last edited by Samson_tech; 10-14-2014 at 10:35 AM.
Old 10-14-2014 | 11:29 AM
thephatboy2003
Tourer

Originally Posted by Jameson

36" Bassani Fishtails. They make 33" version too.
hey guys, hate to jump a thread, but I have to ask you, Jameson, is that a 21" with a stock Fatboy Fender on the front and an 18" in the rear? 120/70-21 Front tire, 130/70-18 rear tire? Bike looks great. Ready to put the 21" on my Fatty, was gonna go heritage Fender but wondering what the Fatty fender will look like with the 21. Looks Great !!!!

Old 10-14-2014 | 04:50 PM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by thephatboy2003
hey guys, hate to jump a thread, but I have to ask you, Jameson, is that a 21" with a stock Fatboy Fender on the front and an 18" in the rear? 120/70-21 Front tire, 130/70-18 rear tire? Bike looks great. Ready to put the 21" on my Fatty, was gonna go heritage Fender but wondering what the Fatty fender will look like with the 21. Looks Great !!!!

That rear is a 16". Definitely a stock fatboy fender with brackets to raise it for the 21". The bracket part number is 1410-0066 in chrome or 1410-0067 in black. It is solely my opinion that the stock fender sits a little weird for a 21" wheel with the brackets but you cannot tell from seeing it at this angle. I still prefer the Deluxe or Heritage fender for that old school nostalgic look.

Hats off to any company that owns up to their current situation regardless of what it is. Working in this industry thing happen that are beyond anyone;s control and have the ability to really screw everything for all involved and I know this as well as anyone else. There is a lot more to manufacturing that just putting the product in a box and shipping it out. Samson has always taken great care of us and will continue to. It takes what it takes to get the product made to spec. better to wait a long time than receive a substandard product.

I will be selling Samson fishtails again as soon as they have some ready to ship me so let me know and I can get you pricing and a lead time. I am sure Samson will revive themselves in a timely manner and continue producing the nicest fishtails on the market.

Last edited by Hogpro; 10-14-2014 at 04:56 PM.
Old 10-14-2014 | 05:29 PM
pipeyeti
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Samson_tech
I'll be the first to admit we have had issues getting things back from chrome in a timely manner but everything is coming back quickly and efficiently now and our chrome is Quad Chrome (hexavalent) not trivalent.

Yes these are available. If you want them I can have them shipped out to you today. If you want 42" ones I can ship those out to you today as well.

Thank you,
Brian
Thank you for the answer and I am in the market for a set.

Old 10-14-2014 | 05:50 PM
Jameson
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Hogpro
That rear is a 16". Definitely a stock fatboy fender with brackets to raise it for the 21". The bracket part number is 1410-0066 in chrome or 1410-0067 in black. It is solely my opinion that the stock fender sits a little weird for a 21" wheel with the brackets but you cannot tell from seeing it at this angle. I still prefer the Deluxe or Heritage fender for that old school nostalgic look.
which is why I am swapping to a deluxe fender

Old 10-14-2014 | 06:51 PM
kneesinthebreeze
Road Master

Thank you,
Brian
Glad to see you guys are on your feet again. I bought mine before your move and have loved having them on my bike every minute. I can be in a crowd of 10 or more bikes and the fishtails get top compliments. OP, In my opinion you are moving in the right direction with either the 23" or the 28 1/2".

Old 10-14-2014 | 07:05 PM
Bone Doc
Seasoned HDF Member

Thank you,
Brian
Originally Posted by kneesinthebreeze
Glad to see you guys are on your feet again. I bought mine before your move and have loved having them on my bike every minute. I can be in a crowd of 10 or more bikes and the fishtails get top compliments. OP, In my opinion you are moving in the right direction with either the 23" or the 28 1/2".
Completely agree. If you want fishtails, Samson is the way to go.

Originally Posted by Hogpro
... Hats off to any company that owns up to their current situation regardless of what it is. Working in this industry thing happen that are beyond anyone;s control and have the ability to really screw everything for all involved and I know this as well as anyone else. There is a lot more to manufacturing that just putting the product in a box and shipping it out. Samson has always taken great care of us and will continue to. It takes what it takes to get the product made to spec. better to wait a long time than receive a substandard product.

I will be selling Samson fishtails again as soon as they have some ready to ship me so let me know and I can get you pricing and a lead time. I am sure Samson will revive themselves in a timely manner and continue producing the nicest fishtails on the market.
That says it all.

Old 10-14-2014 | 08:35 PM
OGM3X
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Bone Doc
Completely agree. If you want fishtails, Samson is the way to go.

I agree

Old 10-14-2014 | 10:42 PM
*tragic*
Cruiser

Hogpro S471 lmk when you have in stock. Bkthomas1978@yahoo.com

Thanks

Quick Reply: Fishtail Help