Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

so.. tuning?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2014, 07:17 PM
Jersey Drew
Road Warrior
Received 256 Likes on 158 Posts
Default so.. tuning?

been looking into tuning and have come across the Power Vision from dynojet. anyone have experience with this? i like the idea of it and like the fact that it stores the factory tune in the event you want to put it back.

is this a good choice or is there "better" out there?

Old 10-08-2014, 07:32 PM
baloot-boy
Road Captain
Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

I have a Power Vision tuner and love it. Has a lot of functions aside from being an ECM tuner. Its a powerful little device. I leave it mounted on my bike and set up custom gauges on the display.

Old 10-08-2014, 09:25 PM
sioux565
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

It is a great device. You get the full potential from it if you leave it mounted when you ride.

I would recommend buying it through Fuel Moto. While you can find the PV cheaper elsewhere, the map support and extended warranty are well worth the few extra bucks.

Old 10-09-2014, 02:29 AM
olongapo1
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I've personally ran a couple different tuners and helped others install most of the tuners on the market. IMO, the Power Vision is by far the most user friendly and accurate tuner available. Currently using it on my 02. Shop no more and drop coin on the PV. You'll be glad you did.

Old 10-09-2014, 07:13 AM
nhrider1
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Jersey Drew
been looking into tuning and have come across the Power Vision from dynojet. anyone have experience with this? i like the idea of it and like the fact that it stores the factory tune in the event you want to put it back.

is this a good choice or is there "better" out there?
It is a very good choice. I use mine on both my bikes and it works as advertised.

Buy it from Fuel Moto and you'll be very happy with the support and results.

Old 10-09-2014, 08:17 AM
smithrw
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default tuner

I'm trying to answer that question myself.. The product looks great just not sure how difficult it is to learn how to get the most of it such as auto tune.
Where do you get all the operating instruction as I'm told it only comes with a basic guide.That said I will most likely do it.

Old 10-09-2014, 08:41 AM
PikeAl
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got a powervision for my bike when I did the pipes and A/C. Really easy to use, support from FuelMoto is excellent and quick, and you can fine tune the map with the autotune feature.

If you buy direct from them, I believe, they will send the device pre-loaded with the map for your bike and mods.

Plenty of videos on youtube showing how to use it, if you ever get stumped.

Old 10-09-2014, 10:32 AM
tbonetony06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I had the SE Pro tuner and the end of last year the bike started running a little rough. Then I did some head and cam work and then after when I put it on the Dyno the SE tuner took a crap on me and fried my ecm too. I went with the Powervision and I love it, very happy with it. It runs as well as it ever has and thats after many, many mods. I am probably 1 of the few that would still recommend putting it on the Dyno after the Powervision install to make sure everything is at optimum tune and everything dialed in to the T's!

Old 10-09-2014, 10:44 AM
airfuel
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tbonetony06
I am probably 1 of the few that would still recommend putting it on the Dyno after the Powervision install to make sure everything is at optimum tune and everything dialed in to the T's!
No your not!

Many people think their bike is running well but getting it on the dyno actually shows whether or not it is. Plus, you can see what those mods actually do for performance.

Last edited by airfuel; 10-09-2014 at 02:20 PM.
Old 10-09-2014, 12:30 PM
smithrw
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default tuner

I've been running the vieds with good results but thought I would try out the power vision. Hoping to be able to sell my vieds.

Quick Reply: so.. tuning?