Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Close to pulling the trigger on a 2104 Slim.

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2014 | 01:42 AM
tripleb1911
|
Cruiser
Default Close to pulling the trigger on a 2014 Slim.

Be home from Asscrackistan on the 12th at the dealer on 13th. He has three Black ones that he will give me a good deal on, plus $10k for my 06 RK custom. We are at $15,700 Out-the-Door.

But I want Charcoal more than Black. He does not have one but says he will get one. Of course I say I want Charcoal but have never even seen or rode a Slim.

So I can not really ask him to get me one because I may see it differently in person. So this is a bit of a issue.

I may drive the 2hrs to go look at one another dealer has and then I think, well, if I do that I should probably just buy it then. But for some reason I would like to establish a could re-pour and give my money to the local dealer vs venture out.

The dealer 2hrs away said he would give me $10k for my RK and let the charcoal go for $16200.

But the local dealer says he will get a charcoal from a different dealer at a better price.

I am a bit worried I will have the fever bad and walk into the dealer and say give me the black one now, I want to ride not hang around here all day! lolo.

Last edited by tripleb1911; 10-05-2014 at 03:50 AM. Reason: Title
Old 10-05-2014 | 02:52 AM
Nickatnyt
Road Warrior

Fyi, you are 90 years ahead of yourself for a 2104 model Harley.

Old 10-05-2014 | 04:19 AM
Echo6 Sierra
Road Captain

Originally Posted by tripleb1911
Of course I say I want Charcoal but have never even seen or rode a Slim.

Never buy a bike you haven't ridden. Imagine your frustration after spending your hard earned money on something that you hate.

My $0.02, come home, go on a few test rides and then make a decision on which model is best for you.

Old 10-05-2014 | 11:04 AM
fatfatboy
Tourer

Originally Posted by Echo6 Sierra
Never buy a bike you haven't ridden. Imagine your frustration after spending your hard earned money on something that you hate.

My $0.02, come home, go on a few test rides and then make a decision on which model is best for you.

Good advice there.
I'd wait the one day for charcoal. Get what you want at what you want to pay.

And,, Thank you for your service!!!

Old 10-05-2014 | 12:03 PM
*Flea*
Cruiser

My first choice for a Slim was the Charcoal, and my second choice was Orange. The dealer didn't have a Charcoal one, but they did have Orange. I was working out of state and only had pictures to go by. I wanted Charcoal, because I figured I could customize it easier. I went ahead and went with the Orange, though. When I got to the dealer, I was really happy with my decision. The Orange looked much better in person than it did in pictures. A couple months after the purchase, the dealer got the Charcoal in. That made me feel even better, because I liked the Orange more in person. If the choices were between Charcoal and Black, I would go with Charcoal. It just changes things up a little and adds some contrast. I guess my point is that what is your first choice now, may wind up changing when you see it in person.

Old 10-05-2014 | 12:18 PM
TriGeezer
Seasoned HDF Member

Dang son! Don't shoot the poor bike!

Old 10-05-2014 | 12:38 PM
tripleb1911
|
Cruiser

Definitely test ride first, I agree!

After eight years of riding a RK. I am not sure what I perceive will be the reality. But I hope so, I am looking for less vibration at low speeds pretty sure that will be the case with 103 B engine. Better riding in town.

Lower center of gravity with a better weight to power ratio. And of course a beautiful bike.

I love the way my RK custom looks actually compared to the newer RKs, I am just in the mood for something new to obsess over. Not much longer!

Old 10-05-2014 | 12:58 PM
fatboy slim
Road Master

Bought both my sig bikes without riding them. Didn't even see the Kawasaki until after I'd paid for it, love them both (now the Kwak is sorted), just lucky I guess.

Test riding would have been the best, but was impossible, if I'd waited until it was possible to test ride the RK it would have been bought out from under me by someone else, there were at least 5 guys after it, but it was off the road awaiting work.

Slim is the best handling Harley ever IMHO, I loved my loan bike I had, didn't want to give it back. Fitted me really nice, I'm 6'3".

Old 10-05-2014 | 01:04 PM
tripleb1911
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by fatboy slim
Bought both my sig bikes without riding them. Didn't even see the Kawasaki until after I'd paid for it, love them both (now the Kwak is sorted), just lucky I guess.

Test riding would have been the best, but was impossible, if I'd waited until it was possible to test ride the RK it would have been bought out from under me by someone else, there were at least 5 guys after it, but it was off the road awaiting work.

Slim is the best handling Harley ever IMHO, I loved my loan bike I had, didn't want to give it back. Fitted me really nice, I'm 6'3".
I occasionally ride some metric cruisers they always feel way to heavy steering and top heavy too me. The poor guys that ride them do not even realize it. I could steer my RK with my finger tips, really easy to ride.

I read the Slim is a bit heavy steering but most guys on hear say it handle so nice. I am 5'8" hoping its a perfect match!

Last edited by tripleb1911; 10-05-2014 at 01:06 PM.
Old 10-05-2014 | 01:11 PM
batmanslim
Intermediate

Thank you for your service! I have the charcoal slim, really nice bike although I'm comparing this to my previously owned m50 boulevard. Only my second year of riding. However, I love the slim. Thought about getting the orange cause the "black" look is so overdone. But the charcoal really looks nice. I say have someone take a pic with you sitting on both and see what you look better on.

Quick Reply: Close to pulling the trigger on a 2104 Slim.