Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Close to pulling the trigger on a 2104 Slim.

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2014 | 04:48 PM
dansax
Elite HDF Member

As a fan of black denim I saw the charcoal in peson and it is sweet.

Old 10-05-2014 | 06:01 PM
waverly
Advanced

Originally Posted by tripleb1911
I occasionally ride some metric cruisers they always feel way to heavy steering and top heavy too me. The poor guys that ride them do not even realize it. I could steer my RK with my finger tips, really easy to ride.

I read the Slim is a bit heavy steering but most guys on hear say it handle so nice. I am 5'8" hoping its a perfect match!

I just bought a black 2014 Slim about a month ago, and I think it handles fantastic. My last bike was a Street Bob, I think the Slim handles easier around town, holds a line better and falls into a turn smoother. Im running big shots tuned with the FP3 and its smooth and powerful all day long. As for the color, that's up to you, the slim is a beautiful bike no matter what. When I bought mine, the dealer had the charcoal/ black 2 tone and mine. I didn't care for the 2 tone, and I'm a simple black bike kinda guy so the choice was easy. Thanks for your service and best of luck with your purchase!

Old 10-05-2014 | 08:47 PM
tripleb1911
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by waverly
I just bought a black 2014 Slim about a month ago, and I think it handles fantastic. My last bike was a Street Bob, I think the Slim handles easier around town, holds a line better and falls into a turn smoother. Im running big shots tuned with the FP3 and its smooth and powerful all day long. As for the color, that's up to you, the slim is a beautiful bike no matter what. When I bought mine, the dealer had the charcoal/ black 2 tone and mine. I didn't care for the 2 tone, and I'm a simple black bike kinda guy so the choice was easy. Thanks for your service and best of luck with your purchase!
Yeah ts hard for to imagine I may want a different color then Black. I think its because I have had a black chrome bike for eight years. Just want to change it up.

Old 10-05-2014 | 08:49 PM
tripleb1911
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by dansax
s a fan of black denim I saw the charcoal in peson and it is sweet.
I would definitely get the denim if they offered it

Old 10-05-2014 | 08:55 PM
SoCalSoftailSlim
Elite HDF Member

After you ride it, color might become moot.

Old 10-05-2014 | 09:07 PM
tripleb1911
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by waverly
I plan to get the big shots too with a DK587 intake. I was thinking of doing t Stage-1 install with the dealer. I thought the they DL the MAP from V&H but now I am hearing on the forum its a generic MAP that is not really good. Still need to inquire with the dealership.

How did you set yours up? When how did you add the fuel pack? Same time as exhaust , later?

I worry a bit about doing a simple re-flash myself with the FP-3 the day I take the bike home. Let me know. Thanks

Old 10-06-2014 | 02:57 AM
fatboy slim
Road Master

I occasionally ride some metric cruisers they always feel way to heavy steering and top heavy too me. The poor guys that ride them do not even realize it. I could steer my RK with my finger tips, really easy to ride.

I read the Slim is a bit heavy steering but most guys on hear say it handle so nice. I am 5'8" hoping its a perfect match!
Yep the old metric sure is a heavy lump, and the RK is much easier to ride and manoeuvre at low speed, but once on the move it's okay, and most of the time it's my two up long distance ride. My RK only has a solo police seat.
The Kwak would have been sold for another Harley, but no one would pay what it's worth, and I'm kind of fond of it now all the factory problems have been sorted like lean/hot running and sticking exhaust valve caused by overfilling the oil tank.

Old 10-06-2014 | 08:38 AM
jam436
Supporter

I would definitely get the denim if they offered it
Since the black denim has been discontinued on the Slim, those of us who had the foresight to buy one, they're now worth more...

Old 10-06-2014 | 08:44 AM
jam436
Supporter

If I was in the market for another Slim, I'd be hard pressed to pass this up...

*photos "borrowed" from a Facebook post...

Old 10-07-2014 | 04:07 PM
waverly
Advanced

I plan to get the big shots too with a DK587 intake. I was thinking of doing t Stage-1 install with the dealer. I thought the they DL the MAP from V&H but now I am hearing on the forum its a generic MAP that is not really good. Still need to inquire with the dealership.

How did you set yours up? When how did you add the fuel pack? Same time as exhaust , later?

I worry a bit about doing a simple re-flash myself with the FP-3 the day I take the bike home. Let me know. Thanks

Flash with the FP3 was done same day as pipes, bike runs great no issues whatsoever. Its an easy set up

Quick Reply: Close to pulling the trigger on a 2104 Slim.