2018+ Softail Models Breakout

Low Rider ST Recall #0187

Search this Thread

Old Today | 03:18 PM
luckiestiff
|
Road Master
Exclamation Low Rider ST Recall #0187

Had my bike tuned today and while at the dealership they informed there was a recall. Basically the front brake line rubs against the fuel tank and eventually one will give up the ghost. They checked mine and both the tank and the line had visible signs of wear. I had them zip tie the break line away from the tank so it won't continue to rub while I wait for the new tank & brake line.

The following users liked this post:
Powermankw (Today)
Old Today | 04:35 PM
Powermankw
Tourer

Originally Posted by luckiestiff
Had my bike tuned today and while at the dealership they informed there was a recall. Basically the front brake line rubs against the fuel tank and eventually one will give up the ghost. They checked mine and both the tank and the line had visible signs of wear. I had them zip tie the break line away from the tank so it won't continue to rub while I wait for the new tank & brake line.

Thanks! So I have zero contact. I just took my tank off to paint correct and I have zero issues...

HOWEVER... now I do want persue another problem, and mention it here... I took my tank off when my bike was new to finally tackle putting my heated grips on. I don't know how many miles... Well, when I took the tank off, the tank is rubbing in the hard brake line going to the rear. So goes down left side of frame to the block for fronts and brake lever. We'll at a bend, the bend is rubbing and paint is gone on both surfaces. I tried to kinda push things in further... Oh, I even put zip ties on, to act as a spacer and I would watch for more wear.

So, I probably should have them look at that just to report it. And if you guys have not had your tank off... You might want to check it out.

The following users liked this post:
luckiestiff (Today)
Old Today | 05:08 PM
luckiestiff
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by Powermankw
Thanks! So I have zero contact. I just took my tank off to paint correct and I have zero issues...

HOWEVER... now I do want persue another problem, and mention it here... I took my tank off when my bike was new to finally tackle putting my heated grips on. I don't know how many miles... Well, when I took the tank off, the tank is rubbing in the hard brake line going to the rear. So goes down left side of frame to the block for fronts and brake lever. We'll at a bend, the bend is rubbing and paint is gone on both surfaces. I tried to kinda push things in further... Oh, I even put zip ties on, to act as a spacer and I would watch for more wear.

So, I probably should have them look at that just to report it. And if you guys have not had your tank off... You might want to check it out.
It's definitely worth having it looked at and on record of it being an issue.

Old Today | 05:53 PM
DC2009EGUC
Road Captain

Care to share any pictures of the affected area?

Old Today | 06:00 PM
Powermankw
Tourer

Yes I will... I'll do a PSA. 😊 I get my tank off and snap some pics. Hold on...

The two lines, the one on bottom... That is a rust spot, and there is a corresponding one on the tank edge. That was when I first saw it. That braided line behind it is my wires for heated grips. I snapped a pic then to monitor. I "pushed" all that in to get more clearance. I didn't bend anything. But later I have still noticed wear and put zip ties on to try and protect.

So I will still take tank off now and show you what it looks like. I'll try and take one with tank to show whats rubbing.

Last edited by Powermankw; Today at 06:09 PM.