General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Taboo Harley in Alexandria Louisiana closed its doors a few days ago.

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday | 12:15 PM
Down South
|
Seasoned HDF Member
Default Taboo Harley in Alexandria Louisiana closed its doors a few days ago.

They were my dealer and were mod friendly. I hated to see them close up shop. I've bought a couple bikes from them in the past and used them to do warranty work.

The next nearest dealers are a couple hrs further and I've never have done business with any of them.

Old Yesterday | 01:21 PM
Cosmic Razorback
Seasoned HDF Member

Only the strongest will survive.

Currently approximately 650 HD dealerships in the USA according to Google. I do not hear of any new dealerships, only the closing of the smaller.

Currently 203 Indian dealerships in the USA and according to a recent article they are on track to open 15 new dealerships in 2025.

The following users liked this post:
Keithhu (Today)
Old Yesterday | 07:22 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Down South
They were my dealer and were mod friendly. I hated to see them close up shop. I've bought a couple bikes from them in the past and used them to do warranty work.

The next nearest dealers are a couple hrs further and I've never have done business with any of them.
i tried to do business with them back when they were alexandria hd. wanted to charge me $8k for a sportster that had an msrp of $5k. plus 2% higher on the financing than what i already had. happened to stop in cajun in lafayette and just shooting the **** with the salesman. a week later they called me on the phone, had an 883 custom coming in (100 anniversary edition) and they would sell it for msrp, and match the interest rate on the bike i already had (this was for the wife). since then, we've bought 4 bikes from cajun.

in the interim, alexandria hd became renegade hd and they tried to clean up their (awful) reputation some. still not enough. then they became taboo. taboo worked really hard at fixing their reputation. and were pretty successful at it. i've purchased 4 bikes from them. and just recently they were working very hard at making me a deal on a 2024 road glide. it was very tempting, and very hard to pass up, but we really like our 2019s so grudgingly passed. haven't been to cajun in a bit, so hopefully they are still 'one of the good guys'..

Old Today | 12:01 AM
Glenn Gorman
Club Member
Riders Club Member

Originally Posted by skratch
i tried to do business with them back when they were alexandria hd. wanted to charge me $8k for a sportster that had an msrp of $5k. plus 2% higher on the financing than what i already had. happened to stop in cajun in lafayette and just shooting the **** with the salesman. a week later they called me on the phone, had an 883 custom coming in (100 anniversary edition) and they would sell it for msrp, and match the interest rate on the bike i already had (this was for the wife). since then, we've bought 4 bikes from cajun.

in the interim, alexandria hd became renegade hd and they tried to clean up their (awful) reputation some. still not enough. then they became taboo. taboo worked really hard at fixing their reputation. and were pretty successful at it. i've purchased 4 bikes from them. and just recently they were working very hard at making me a deal on a 2024 road glide. it was very tempting, and very hard to pass up, but we really like our 2019s so grudgingly passed. haven't been to cajun in a bit, so hopefully they are still 'one of the good guys'..
So it's all your fault. If you had bought that 2024 they'd still be in business.... lmao