2018+ Softail Models Breakout

So what are my options for new guage/display?

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday | 06:26 PM
Powermankw
|
Tourer
Default So what are my options for new guage/display?

OK... So I really like the striped down bare necessity vibe of my Lowrider ST... And I certainly don't need a TV on my bike... But frankly, I find the digital display to be cheap AF, and crappy 80s cheesy. Ridiculous such a garbage display was put on a $20K bike.

So.... I know I can put a Lowrider S guage on. Perfectly fine to me. Absolutely dumbfounded why it wasn't put on the ST.

But what else? I've looked before. Some other stuff some say works. I don't know what is compatible. Just curious if there are any new options out there.

Even if it is adding another screen to get more. Anything to jumper in to get RPM and speed to a useful level? I have a PV-3B. Can I mount that to display data? I know engine stuff like Temps, but digital display functions?

So who has added another guage/display?

Last edited by Powermankw; Yesterday at 06:27 PM.
Old Yesterday | 06:48 PM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member

I use the Powervision for RPM, Engine Temp, Throttle Position and Voltage. The throttle position is pretty interesting to monitor. Sometimes when I think I'm really getting on it, i'm only at 70% TP. LOL. Engine temp is probably not worth monitoring, but there wasn't anything else I was more concerned with. I leave the stock gauge on range to empty.

You can see how I mounted it in the pic.

Zach

The following users liked this post:
Powermankw (Today)
Old Yesterday | 09:40 PM
Powermankw
|
Tourer

Ya, and that's pretty much where I want anything. More visible... Maybe that's all I need. The problem is RPM. I want to launch better, and shift better and want better viability on RPM. It's why I don't mind the Lowrider S guage... Simple analog RPM. RPM is just difficult to see quick on the display. Not like I need it just driving down the road.

So then what about security... Is it mounted securely, or do you have to take it off? Can it stay there?

Old Today | 12:24 AM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Powermankw
Ya, and that's pretty much where I want anything. More visible... Maybe that's all I need. The problem is RPM. I want to launch better, and shift better and want better viability on RPM. It's why I don't mind the Lowrider S guage... Simple analog RPM. RPM is just difficult to see quick on the display. Not like I need it just driving down the road.

So then what about security... Is it mounted securely, or do you have to take it off? Can it stay there?
I leave it on all the time. I used tamper proof torx screws to mount it to the housing. I have a cover for it that I take with me if I'm going to be out overnight. Out of site out of mind I guess. I just googles Powervision mount and found it on pintrest. It's 3D printed. Does the jon.

Zach

The following users liked this post:
Powermankw (Today)
Old Today | 01:57 AM
Powermankw
|
Tourer

Nice. Makes sense. There are some other universal screens. This will definitely do the job and be cheapest. Thanks. Nice looking bike too.