EVO All Evo Model Discussion

‘99 Fatboy

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2024 | 07:59 AM
royston
|
Road Captain
Default ‘99 Fatboy

I always regretted letting my 94 softail custom go and just recently acquired a nice replacement though if anybody can help me with a colour query it would be appreciated.
From what I can gather the bike was sold with a factory custom paint set, Sea foam metallic/ Birch white, from my own memory these were like colour tins sets sold and generally installed by dealers.
I have been able to gain some information from an older thread ( https://www.hdforums.com/forum/gener...t-program.html )
As the tins are unlikely to appear in a Motorcycle sales brochure does anybody have any further info? How I can locate some form of sales literature etc? Trying you guys stateside as we have historically limited in on the once a decade has passed.

Pic of the bike attached.
Thanks and ride safe.

The following users liked this post:
Windseeker (Yesterday)
Old 10-18-2024 | 09:59 AM
14GuineaPig
Stellar HDF Member

If someone has the 1999 Genuine Motor Accessories & Genuine Motor Parts catalog they might have info on paint sets in there. The catalog number should be 99557-99V

The following 2 users liked this post by 14GuineaPig:
Architect (Today), royston (10-18-2024)
Old 10-18-2024 | 11:48 AM
royston
|
Road Captain

Originally Posted by 14GuineaPig
If someone has the 1999 Genuine Motor Accessories & Genuine Motor Parts catalog they might have info on paint sets in there. The catalog number should be 99557-99V
you’re a gent thanks - I will look that up.

Old Yesterday | 04:50 AM
Evolix
Stage IV

Originally Posted by royston
you’re a gent thanks - I will look that up.
You can still find the catalog at JW in the Netherlands. Greetings from Germany

The following 2 users liked this post by Evolix:
royston (Yesterday), Windseeker (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday | 02:25 PM
royston
|
Road Captain

Thanks i will follow up for sure - yours is a HDI model too? I imagine there went to many in this colour.

Originally Posted by Evolix
You can still find the catalog at JW in the Netherlands. Greetings from German

Old Yesterday | 08:10 PM
john lee
Road Warrior

I always regretted letting my 94 softail custom go and just recently acquired a nice replacement though if anybody can help me with a colour query it would be appreciated.
From what I can gather the bike was sold with a factory custom paint set, Sea foam metallic/ Birch white, from my own memory these were like colour tins sets sold and generally installed by dealers.
I have been able to gain some information from an older thread ( https://www.hdforums.com/forum/gener...t-program.html )
As the tins are unlikely to appear in a Motorcycle sales brochure does anybody have any further info? How I can locate some form of sales literature etc? Trying you guys stateside as we have historically limited in on the once a decade has passed.

Pic of the bike attached.
Thanks and ride safe.
what did that cost au$

Old Today | 12:17 AM
Evolix
Stage IV

Thanks i will follow up for sure - yours is a HDI model too? I imagine there went to many in this colour.
No, I have a US model. As far as I know, there were never HDI models of this color. I only know 3 vehicles in Germany including mine in that color. Pretty rare color combination here. I'll study the old catalogs from 1999 at my Harley dealer, maybe I can find some more information.

Old Today | 01:50 AM
royston
|
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Evolix
No, I have a US model. As far as I know, there were never HDI models of this color. I only know 3 vehicles in Germany including mine in that color. Pretty rare color combination here. I'll study the old catalogs from 1999 at my Harley dealer, maybe I can find some more information.
If you check the VIN it is easy to spot an HDI, anything not declared for the “home” market was stamped thus.
I am aware our bikes never left he factory in thieve colours, mine left in black for example- theses were tin sets sold by harley to dealers as par of a custom pain option.
Speaking to a sales guy I know who was around in those days dealers had to buy them in immediacy once they were offered - the weren’t offered mor than once, which explains why not so many about. What I cannot find is how many were produced.
I have found two like yours online, one sold by Glasgow HD a few years back and is on YouTube, a couple of fat boys online and a Wide glide on this forum.
Cheers

Old Today | 01:51 AM
royston
|
Road Captain

Originally Posted by john lee
what did that cost au$
In today’s money using an online conversion around $15k Aus.
Cheers

Old Today | 02:34 AM
Evolix
Stage IV

If you check the VIN it is easy to spot an HDI, anything not declared for the “home” market was stamped thus.
I am aware our bikes never left he factory in thieve colours, mine left in black for example- theses were tin sets sold by harley to dealers as par of a custom pain option.
Speaking to a sales guy I know who was around in those days dealers had to buy them in immediacy once they were offered - the weren’t offered mor than once, which explains why not so many about. What I cannot find is how many were produced.
I have found two like yours online, one sold by Glasgow HD a few years back and is on YouTube, a couple of fat boys online and a Wide glide on this forum.
Cheers
From which part of the chassis number can I tell the difference between US or HDI? I only know 1HD and 5HD as a difference. And until the early 2000s there was only 1HD.

Quick Reply: ‘99 Fatboy