General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another IL dealership closed down, first Heritage Harley in Lisle now Fox River in St. Charles

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday | 06:23 PM
B.K.
|
Road Master
Default Another IL dealership closed down, first Heritage Harley in Lisle now Fox River in St. Charles

Well, here we go again. Another one of my go to dealerships closed down. It was not that long ago that Heritage Harley Davidson in Lisle, IL shut it's doors. Now it's my other go to dealership, Fox River Harley Davidson in St. Charles, IL. I have one left, Conrads in Shorewood, IL. If that shuts down I'll be traveling pretty far for dealership needs. There are no independent bike shops around me so this is really frustrating. I'd go to an Indy if there was a good one around. Any IL suburban people out here have any recommendations?

Old Today | 01:40 AM
Jhurt
Cruiser

Good grief I was just there in June to pick up some filters and oil. There’s still Starved Rock Harley in Ottawa I guess. Close the dealers AND refuse to sell parts online, great business model.

Old Today | 04:44 AM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Jhurt
Good grief I was just there in June to pick up some filters and oil. There’s still Starved Rock Harley in Ottawa I guess. Close the dealers AND refuse to sell parts online, great business model.
Why do you assume they were forced to shut down by the motor company? If you compare the number of motorcycles Harley has been selling, its half of what it was say, 10 years ago. Some dealerships are not going to be able to survive that.