2018+ Softail Models Breakout

Exhaust question and options

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2024 | 09:52 AM
Chunker
|
Road Warrior
Default Exhaust question and options

I'll give a little?? history first to explain my questions. Bike is a 2019 FLHCS I bought new and don't ride as much as I used to, age and such has changed things. Past bikes were a 2011 FLHTK 103 that I had V&H header and open intake, HD Screaming Eagle Street performance mufflers and Fuel Pak. Ran great for my purposes. Replaced with 2015 FLHTKL with Fuel Moto headers, intake, and mufflers with Power Vision tuner. Ran great but hated the "pooty" sound and found some NOS SE Street Performance mufflers with their great sound and performance. Along with that had a 2013 FLSTF that I used a Power Commander V, V&H slash cut mufflers and open intake. Ran good but kept throwing an O2 sensor code and caution light. After a year messing with it and Fuel Moto sending repeated O2 Bypass connectors I gave up and removed the PC. Mufflers too loud and harsh so I put in "quiet" baffles which helped a tiny bit but still too loud for me.

I'd like to deepen up the sound on the Heritage and get rid of the cat in the mufflers. Ideally mufflers equivalent to the SE Street Performance I had on the touring but HD doesn't have such an animal. I'd prefer not to have to replace the intake and run a tuner IF possible. Suggestions??

Or am I chasing a motorcycle unicorn? I want the sound to deepen like past touring. No intention to do any further "stage" modifications. Stock 114 does what I want. Thanks

Old 10-11-2024 | 11:22 AM
ACE_Moto88
Cruiser

I'm very happy with the S&S Grand nationals without cats. Keeping the baffle in the tone and volume is just right to give me the sound I want but not make enemies with the neighbours when I leave early in the morning/come home late in the evening. Great bark when you're on it but with enough manners to cruise through a subdivision.

The following users liked this post:
pgreer (10-11-2024)
Old 10-11-2024 | 11:27 AM
pgreer
Stellar HDF Member

Agree with ACE, Grand National's have a nice sound and good quality product. I don't like the really loud mufflers like Neighbor Haters etc either.

Paul

Old 10-11-2024 | 12:13 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by Chunker
I'll give a little?? history first to explain my questions. Bike is a 2019 FLHCS I bought new and don't ride as much as I used to, age and such has changed things. Past bikes were a 2011 FLHTK 103 that I had V&H header and open intake, HD Screaming Eagle Street performance mufflers and Fuel Pak. Ran great for my purposes. Replaced with 2015 FLHTKL with Fuel Moto headers, intake, and mufflers with Power Vision tuner. Ran great but hated the "pooty" sound and found some NOS SE Street Performance mufflers with their great sound and performance. Along with that had a 2013 FLSTF that I used a Power Commander V, V&H slash cut mufflers and open intake. Ran good but kept throwing an O2 sensor code and caution light. After a year messing with it and Fuel Moto sending repeated O2 Bypass connectors I gave up and removed the PC. Mufflers too loud and harsh so I put in "quiet" baffles which helped a tiny bit but still too loud for me.

I'd like to deepen up the sound on the Heritage and get rid of the cat in the mufflers. Ideally mufflers equivalent to the SE Street Performance I had on the touring but HD doesn't have such an animal. I'd prefer not to have to replace the intake and run a tuner IF possible. Suggestions??

Or am I chasing a motorcycle unicorn? I want the sound to deepen like past touring. No intention to do any further "stage" modifications. Stock 114 does what I want. Thanks
Take a listen to this inexpensive & easy mod to your stock exhaust. Deeper tone, more power, all for under $75.

and another-

TTI LINK

Kevin

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 10-11-2024 | 01:17 PM
Chunker
|
Road Warrior

Kevin I presume the stock baffles that came out have the CAT material and does the newly inserted baffles have similar back pressure to preclude the need for a tuner? After 5 years I imagine removing the baffles is a true challenge. Thanks

Old 10-11-2024 | 08:20 PM
Powermankw
Tourer

I cut my baffles out and put in lollipops. Yes it's "better" than stock, but didn't like the potatoe gun sound. I add some of my own baffles in... Yes it was "better" but still, and the end of the day... Nah. I never intended staying there, but wound up getting full exhaust sooner. Full exhaust is perfection. And yes, most definitely get a tuner. Knowing what I know now, it's always going to run much better. And no, you don't need an intake. Stock intake will flow all you need. Clean it more if it makes you feel better.

Old Today | 12:38 AM
stinkerbill
Road Captain

I went with a pair of universal 'tulip' shaped silencers.

I just had to make up some small brackets for the rear/lower fitting. Used some bits of scrap I had lying around.

The silencers were only about £90 each and I then had them both ceramic coated black, for about £180.

The beauty of them is you can just fit any old universal fit baffles, so you can play with the sound and no remapping required

Sound amazing.