Vance and Hines pro pipe

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2024 | 07:54 PM
Patrickkhughes58
|
Stage III
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Vance and Hines pro pipe

Bought a 2024 road glide that came with stage one completed with a Vance and Hines pro pipe 2:1.

looking to get more sound out of the bike.
I saw they make a competition baffle. Will I have to retune bike if I install this? Will it have negative effect on power?

Old 10-06-2024 | 08:01 PM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 9,397 Likes on 4,792 Posts

Originally Posted by Patrickkhughes58
Bought a 2024 road glide that came with stage one completed with a Vance and Hines pro pipe 2:1.

I saw they make a competition baffle. Will I have to retune bike if I install this? Will it have negative effect on power?
you’ll need to add hearing to your dental and vision insurance policy

The following 5 users liked this post by mjwebb:
BrandonSmith (Yesterday), Ducman82 (Yesterday), Fritz Franz (Yesterday), Patrickkhughes58 (10-06-2024), Slingshot383 (Today)
Old 10-06-2024 | 08:10 PM
Patrickkhughes58
|
Stage III

Originally Posted by mjwebb
you’ll need to add hearing to your dental and vision insurance policy
lol thanks dude that was helpful

The following users liked this post:
mjwebb (10-06-2024)
Old 10-06-2024 | 08:54 PM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 9,397 Likes on 4,792 Posts

lol thanks dude that was helpful
please reply in UPPER CASE I can barely hear your reply😜 I would definitely retune with that exhaust

edit: you said bought complete with Stage 1, what tuner? if that pipe is a compliant one with catalyst then the SEPST might be able to work with it but I would consider getting it dyno tuned, even with the SEPST by someone reputable..if it doesn't have a cat then I would say aftermarket tuner would be the correct way to go

Last edited by mjwebb; 10-06-2024 at 09:13 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Ducman82 (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday | 06:33 AM
VortecCPI
Road Captain
Received 311 Likes on 214 Posts

V&H typically provides three or four FP3 tunes for each pipe it makes:

1 > As-Delivered baffle
2 > Competition Baffle
3 > Quiet Baffle

And sometimes:
4 > No baffle

Generally/Typically the more open (or larger diameter) the baffle is the further to the right the VE and TQ peak moves. We used the old ProPipes on all our bikes and I can tell you they become very loud with the competition baffle. Not too sure about the new ones with PCX CAT.

My wife likes the competition baffles in her 2013 FLS but I hate them. They are too loud and sock low/mid VE and TQ but that's what she wants and it's her bike. Bryan at V&H has said time and time again smaller baffles (i.e., Quiet Baffle) are the best for street duty as they result in best VE and TQ in the area the engine is mostly operating.

Also according to Bryan at V&H... The Delphi ECM can adjust Fuel Trim up to +/- 15% from baseline so the ECM can adjust to most minor exhaust and intake changes. However... The ECM will still utilize whatever AFR targets were there before the change. Keep in mind Elevation, Relative Humidity, Gasoline Quality, etc. all affect what was just written.

Good read about baffle size: https://university.fuelmotousa.com/a...v-twin-engines

Last edited by VortecCPI; Yesterday at 07:06 AM.
Old Today | 07:44 PM
Patrickkhughes58
|
Stage III

Originally Posted by VortecCPI
V&H typically provides three or four FP3 tunes for each pipe it makes:

1 > As-Delivered baffle
2 > Competition Baffle
3 > Quiet Baffle

And sometimes:
4 > No baffle

Generally/Typically the more open (or larger diameter) the baffle is the further to the right the VE and TQ peak moves. We used the old ProPipes on all our bikes and I can tell you they become very loud with the competition baffle. Not too sure about the new ones with PCX CAT.

My wife likes the competition baffles in her 2013 FLS but I hate them. They are too loud and sock low/mid VE and TQ but that's what she wants and it's her bike. Bryan at V&H has said time and time again smaller baffles (i.e., Quiet Baffle) are the best for street duty as they result in best VE and TQ in the area the engine is mostly operating.

Also according to Bryan at V&H... The Delphi ECM can adjust Fuel Trim up to +/- 15% from baseline so the ECM can adjust to most minor exhaust and intake changes. However... The ECM will still utilize whatever AFR targets were there before the change. Keep in mind Elevation, Relative Humidity, Gasoline Quality, etc. all affect what was just written.

Good read about baffle size: https://university.fuelmotousa.com/a...v-twin-engines
found out this is the new pcx pipe that has the cat in it.

called Vance and Hines and they said there is nothing they make to enhance sound.

happy with it for sure,but just came off a 19 rg with a bassani road rage and did a cam and the bike sounded amazing.

was looking for something similar when I bought this not knowing that this pipe was pcx