Welcome Area Only New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what Harley Davidson you own. Save your bike related questions for the proper area.

Checking in from the home base

Search this Thread

Old Today, 10:45 AM
mmmatt
Stage I
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Checking in from the home base

Hey All!

My name is Matt, and I am brand new to the forum. Well, I have read about a thousand threads here but have just now felt compelled to join and post a few questions! And speaking of that, thanks to this community for all the knowledge within these pages. Holy smokes there is so much information here.

Anyways, a little about me. As the title implies I'm from Milwaukee. Originally from Kenosha, with a 7 yr detour in Clearwater FL. With the exception of a year in Denver for work. my last 20 years have been in MKE.

I've owned motorcycles since the early 90's but have never owned a Harley, and planning on changing that next weekend with the help of a bonus check and some great end of season deals on used bikes around this town. I've owned crotch rockets and standard style metrics over the years. My current bike is a 96 Triumph speed triple that has been a garage queen for the past 10 years. A friend of mine and I were talking about a 600ish mile trip next spring, and it has inspired me to finally get a Harley.

Other interests, I'm a big tobacco pipe smoker and collector. I have even gotten into pipe carving recently and I love it. I'm 55 now and hope that I can reach a point in that craft that will allow pipe carving to be a retirement job when that time comes. Hopefully I will get there in 10 years because right now I kinda suck at it! I like hunting and shooting, and currently shoot in a benchrest .22 league with a bunch of guys who are old enough for me to be the kid of the group and they often school me like one too. Other than that, nice bourbon, traditionally styled craft or imported beers, and a sweet lab-mix baby named Ella Jane.

The following users liked this post:
strokelessone (Today)
Old Today, 11:48 AM
squirrelsnest
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,673 Likes on 2,824 Posts

Welcome to the forum from Virginia.................

Old Today, 12:46 PM
Jackie Paper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,028 Likes on 4,215 Posts

Welcome to the HDFORUM.

I hope you continue to enjoy your ride here, as much as you enjoy bikes.

Only as a suggestion, by me as a USER just like you, create a signature line similar to my one line on my bike information.

The year, model, and all the letters Harley assigned to the bike. It will appear at the bottom of your post.

Doing this will be helpful if you ask a question. All Harleys aren't the same with many changes and variations over the years.

Of course, you can add it to any thread with a question.

You can also add any other details you choose and a favorite picture to the signature lines that will appear once every page length of your post in a thread.

If you like, you can also add another favorite picture for an Avatar you see at the top left of all your posts.

Old Today, 12:49 PM
strokelessone
Tourer
Veteran: Air Force
Received 246 Likes on 153 Posts

Welcome from PA

Old Today, 01:46 PM
imoo6170
HDF Community Team
Received 975 Likes on 940 Posts

Welcome from Sydney Australia

Old Today, 03:30 PM