Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Giant man seeks....

Search this Thread

Old Today, 05:07 AM
Tallmanbigbike
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Giant man seeks....

In need of a Harley. Hey everyone, first time posting so thanks in advance for any advice I get.

Right. I've always rode cruisers - initially a Kawasaki VN1500 to a VStar 1100 due to money but I've always wanted a Harley since I was a kid, but was put off due to the advice of a fellow rider who said i"d be too tall.

I'm 6ft 8 with a 37 inch inseam and I'm about 200lbs. What I think/know:Aesthetically I'm in love with the Road King (2005 or there abouts), same with the Heritage classic (same approx age) but I hear the Road King is too big and bulky and only really suited for cruising and I hear the Heritage's lean angle is almost criminal. I've been pointed towards the Fatboy (same softail framr as the Heritage so surely it comes down to accessories and seat position?). Also, the Wide Glide but I wonder if with the size of me I'd just look ridiculous on one.

To sum up: I'm a very tall chap. Looking at the below bikes due mainly to my limb length. Any advice/tips/pointers would be hugely appreciated as right now, I just don't know if I'll ever be able to own one. Of course - forward controls, daddy long legs seat etc Ideally. Round town, local distances with a with a long ride, weekend out, once a month - more if possible.

All bikes 2005 ish.
Road King Classic
Wide Glide
Heritage Classic
Fatboy Thank you all!

Old Today, 06:20 AM
Rains2much
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,685 Likes on 810 Posts

I replied in the other thread.

Old Today, 08:08 AM
foxtrapper
HDF Community Team
Veteran: National GuardVeteran: Navy
Received 1,665 Likes on 1,084 Posts

Go to demo days and ride. Go to dealerships and simply ride some of the older bikes they've got.
Go to Indian and ride some of those.
If you're willing to deal with an older bike, go check out Victory's. Really big guys I knew loved them for their size.