2024+ Touring Models Discuss the currently offered Touring Models

Heated Grips

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 08:15 PM
klammer76
Road Master
Received 312 Likes on 212 Posts
Default Heated Grips

I installed a set of heated grips today on my 2024 Road Glide as well as switched out the stainless bars for a set of take off black ones. I haven't started the bike yet but did turn the ignition on and pushed the button on the left grip. I don't see anything sowing that the grips are working. I had the bike at the dealership yesterday for the wire recall and had them flash the bcm to turn on the heated grips.

Does the bike need to be running? Can't start it up tonight due to people sleeping in the house.

Old Yesterday, 08:50 PM
Andrea_73
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by klammer76
I installed a set of heated grips today on my 2024 Road Glide as well as switched out the stainless bars for a set of take off black ones. I haven't started the bike yet but did turn the ignition on and pushed the button on the left grip. I don't see anything sowing that the grips are working. I had the bike at the dealership yesterday for the wire recall and had them flash the bcm to turn on the heated grips.

Does the bike need to be running? Can't start it up tonight due to people sleeping in the house.
Yes, the engine must be running.

The following users liked this post:
klammer76 (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 09:47 PM
klammer76
Road Master

Originally Posted by Andrea_73
Thank you

Old Yesterday, 09:49 PM
klammer76
Road Master

Originally Posted by Andrea_73
Delete

Old Yesterday, 11:53 PM
Pappy35
Tourer
Received 363 Likes on 200 Posts

For you it could be due to not being able to start the engine due to noise. But, as an FYI to anyone else that reads this thread, here's something you all might need to know in case the activation doesn't work when you get around to testing it.

In the Harley Digital Tech, both control modules, right and left (RHCM, LHCM in the Tech) need to be individually activated. Mine didn't work when I tested it in the parking lot and they had to roll it back in where we (the Master Tech with me looking over his shoulder) discovered this. What happens is, and how it got rolled out not working, after engine start you push the button and the grip heat indicator lights up on the IFCU. All good and only takes 4 seconds to verify it works. The problem is that BCM apparently takes five seconds to realize there's a mismatch between the two modules, shuts the grips off, and throws an error symbol next to the grip status indicator. This is a real head-scratcher. Why on earth would Harley design it so that each module needs to be individually activated when doing so causes an error that disables them!!??!! One check box for both. Easy-peasy.

Last edited by Pappy35; Yesterday at 11:56 PM.