Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ACC switch

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 05:31 PM
Endocane
Novice
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Post ACC switch

Hello everyone,

wondering if someone could point me in the right direction, I want to add aftermarket fog lights to my 09 Electra Glide FLHT and wanted to control them with the ACC switch in the rocker panel.

From what I have read the ACC controls a pigtail under the seat, what I have is in the picture below where:

1. is a 2 wire pigtail with a cover, not sure what this can connect to.
2. is a pigtail attached to 2 LED light that go on the railings on my saddlebags ( electraglo rails), always on and the ACC switch does not shut them down. These lights have a red, blue and black wire.
3. is a pigtail with a single red wire, not sure what this can connect to.
4. there is an additional acc pigtail under the fuse box, I guess you can use this heated seats/vests?

Any help is mightily appreciated!!!!

Endocane

Old Yesterday, 05:42 PM
Dan89FLSTC
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 9,412 Likes on 5,012 Posts
The following users liked this post:
GalvTexGuy (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 08:47 PM
Musician
Road Captain
Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

I don't understand that. Bike is stated to be an FLHT. The Standard model, which I have. It comes from the factory with spots, passing lights, whatever one wishes to call them. Controlled by the rocker switch on the right side of the ignition switch cover. Already all wired in, fused and everything. So why bother with the accessory switch for fog lights? What are we missing here?

Old Yesterday, 09:13 PM
Endocane
Novice
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Gents,

Dan89FLSTC - thank you for the wiring diagram!

Musician - Thank you for your reply! I have a "plain jane" Standard with the spot/passing lights on a rocker switch marked "SPOT" all the way to the left of the ignition switch. I have a rocker switch all the way to the right of the ignition switch marked "ACC".

I have installed a right angle bracket low on the forks to attach a set of fog lights and wanted to tie these to the "ACC" switch. Reading a multitude of threads, the accessory plug/adapter under the seat can be used in various ways as it has 4 wires (#2). I was not aware of the B+ (#3) plug/adapter or its uses as well as the other plug/adapter (#1) in the picture and its uses.

Are any of you currently using any of these accessory plugs? Plug 1,2 or 3?

Thanks again,

Endocane

Old Today, 01:18 AM
RKZen
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,636 Likes on 1,168 Posts

My '13 King should be the same as what you have in #2. My King has an ACC toggle switch on the left headlight nacelle. I also have this Y-splitter to connect a powered USB port running to the bars to power my GPS/phone, and another to power my detachable batwing fairing.