Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 electraglide classic

Search this Thread

Old Today, 03:05 PM
roadchaser
Tourer
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Default 2013 electraglide classic

I went for a short ride today and noticed the engine light stayed on.I also noticed when rolling on the throttle the bike didn't have it's usual stage 2 throttle response.Very doggy acting and at times before i would shift the bike would spit and sputter.As long as i didn't roll hard on the throttle it seemed to run ok but not right.When downshifting i usually blip the throttle.This time there was nothing there.Three days ago it ran perfect.Since i am not a mechanic i would like some ideas on what and where to look for the problem.TIA
Peace and Prayers

Old Today, 03:54 PM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,600 Likes on 2,723 Posts

Originally Posted by roadchaser
I went for a short ride today and noticed the engine light stayed on.I also noticed when rolling on the throttle the bike didn't have it's usual stage 2 throttle response.Very doggy acting and at times before i would shift the bike would spit and sputter.As long as i didn't roll hard on the throttle it seemed to run ok but not right.When downshifting i usually blip the throttle.This time there was nothing there.Three days ago it ran perfect.Since i am not a mechanic i would like some ideas on what and where to look for the problem.TIA
Peace and Prayers
Did you retrieve the codes?

Old Today, 04:11 PM
roadchaser
Tourer
Default 2013 electragilde classic

There were no codes..

Old Today, 04:18 PM
roadchaser
Tourer

Engine light was on and didn't go out .I went back out a while ago to see if the engine light would go out and as my hand went to the ignition i noticed the cover to the gas cap was open.I closed it started the bike and the engine light went out.I left for a ride and the bike ran perfect.I was just about home and the engine light showed up again but bike was running fine.I just went out and started the bike and the engine light went out like it is supposed to.I didn't go for a ride.No codes. Thanks for your reply.