Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Passenger unable to hear rider

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2024, 08:06 PM
rkted
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Passenger unable to hear rider

Greetings. Just purchased a 2024 Tri Glide Trike. And just installed the Harley wired headsets for myself and my passenger. In think I have all the settings correct, but something is wrong. I have the VOX set at midrange. The music plays fine in both headsets. My issue is that I can hear my passenger talk but she can't hear me. Is there a setting I am missing?

Many thanks or any help.

Ted

Old 09-15-2024, 04:02 AM
cycle7447
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,955 Likes on 1,193 Posts

Originally Posted by rkted
Greetings. Just purchased a 2024 Tri Glide Trike. And just installed the Harley wired headsets for myself and my passenger. In think I have all the settings correct, but something is wrong. I have the VOX set at midrange. The music plays fine in both headsets. My issue is that I can hear my passenger talk but she can't hear me. Is there a setting I am missing?

Many thanks or any help.

Ted
Congrats on the new bike - I am certain you will enjoy this.

Yes, I think you are missing a setting. In fact, I just did this for a friend yesterday.

Put the helmets on and while talking into the mic, turn the vol up. Vol is located on the left-hand side - the toggle switch. As you talk and toggle up, you will see and hear the vol increase.

You can also do this under your settings

Good luck

Old 09-15-2024, 05:04 AM
strokelessone
Tourer

Received 206 Likes on 127 Posts

Many thanks or any help.

Ted
Just switch helmets, you can thank me later.

The following users liked this post:
rkted (09-15-2024)
Old 09-15-2024, 07:44 PM
rkted
Intermediate

Here is what is happening. Throughout our ride this evening, my passenger's unit was working fine. Her music played in stereo. She could hear me just fine.
Now on my unit. the music was playing mono and stereo, in and out. And I could not hear her. There were times when I could hear myself talk, but that too was in and out. There were times when the speakers in my headset would crackle when I turned my head, leading me to believe the cord was not seated properly. Unplugged the cord on the headset and bike, and reinserted. Kinda the same issues. So, is the problem the headset or the cord? After I got home I sprayed all the connections with contact cleaner, but haven't tried it out. I may try borrowing another cord tomorrow from a fellow rider. Appears to be a great headset when it works.

Any thoughts before I try out another cord. And, is this a common problem?

Thanks.

Ted

Old 09-15-2024, 07:45 PM
rkted
Intermediate

"Just switch helmets, you can thank me later." TOO FUNNY, but probably true.

The following users liked this post:
strokelessone (09-16-2024)
Old 09-16-2024, 02:33 AM
cycle7447
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,955 Likes on 1,193 Posts

Here is what is happening. Throughout our ride this evening, my passenger's unit was working fine. Her music played in stereo. She could hear me just fine.
Now on my unit. the music was playing mono and stereo, in and out. And I could not hear her. There were times when I could hear myself talk, but that too was in and out. There were times when the speakers in my headset would crackle when I turned my head, leading me to believe the cord was not seated properly. Unplugged the cord on the headset and bike, and reinserted. Kinda the same issues. So, is the problem the headset or the cord? After I got home I sprayed all the connections with contact cleaner, but haven't tried it out. I may try borrowing another cord tomorrow from a fellow rider. Appears to be a great headset when it works.

Any thoughts before I try out another cord. And, is this a common problem?

Thanks.

Ted
Given your clarification on the issue, it does indeed sound like there is a connection problem with the headsets. In cased like this, I have found that the connection right at the headset is where it is loose. Usually, the connection at the bike is fine.

So, take your fingers and push the cord into the helmet.

Good luck