Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Fuel Tool Reviews

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2024, 12:40 PM
djl
HDF Community Team

Received 2,216 Likes on 1,604 Posts
Default Fuel Tool Reviews

'05 Deuce that has not been ridden much in months aside from an occassional short run to get up to operating temp, put a few miles on to avoid sitting idle continously due to shoulder issues and general life issues.

Needed to get bike inspected but when warming up to head out, noticed drip-drip from the quick disconnect connection. Put the bike on the lift and have been unsuccessful removing the lower o-ring. I tried several picks without success; maybe a better choice of tools would help but I figure the o-ring has dried out some and maybe stuck in the groove.

Thinking about getting the Fuel Tool; a bit pricey but looks to be an effective tool. Does anyone have any experience with this tool; does it work as well as shown in the videos?

Old 09-07-2024, 09:06 PM
paulmedford
Road Captain
Received 169 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by djl
'05 Deuce that has not been ridden much in months aside from an occassional short run to get up to operating temp, put a few miles on to avoid sitting idle continously due to shoulder issues and general life issues.

Needed to get bike inspected but when warming up to head out, noticed drip-drip from the quick disconnect connection. Put the bike on the lift and have been unsuccessful removing the lower o-ring. I tried several picks without success; maybe a better choice of tools would help but I figure the o-ring has dried out some and maybe stuck in the groove.

Thinking about getting the Fuel Tool; a bit pricey but looks to be an effective tool. Does anyone have any experience with this tool; does it work as well as shown in the videos?
I wanted to buy it but didn't, since a pick got it out, You may have to remove the tank and place it upside down so you can and work better and you will get it out. spray some wd 40 or kerosene to swell the rubber a little, and it will come out easier

Old 09-07-2024, 10:39 PM
marcodarq
Stellar HDF Member
Received 793 Likes on 617 Posts

i have the tool and have used it for a while. its kind of a pain and does take a bit of getting used to, but once you've got it, it works out ok. Generally i use a pick to dig out the o ring, then use the tool for the install of the new oring. the spray with WD helps as well. As a matter of fact, i just changed the orings on my HD tank adapter tool!
m