Sponsored by:

Android Auto disconnects finally solved

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2024, 09:44 PM
bigdeek
Advanced
Received 38 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Android Auto disconnects finally solved

I have a '23 street glide and have always had android auto just abruptly and randomly constantly disconnecting, USB failure out of no where, etc.... I have tried every possible setting, cables, searching the forums, etc.... nothing worked. Finally saw a thread that going wireless solved all of that. So, jumped on amazon and bought one. And, yes, finally. My android auto is completely solid. I just throw my phone in a saddle bag and it all just automatically starts and actually stays on for the entire ride now. I have had ZERO disconnects. Anyways, this post is just for those who have the same issue and haven't tried a wireless usb dongle. The one I bought on amazon is below. Same size as a thumb drive and just stays plugged in inside the glove box. Problem solved, thank goodness. I am so happy with this, just had to share in case others are in the same boat.
later.

Link:
Amazon link to wireless dongle Amazon link to wireless dongle

Last edited by bigdeek; 09-04-2024 at 09:51 PM. Reason: Adding amazon link
The following users liked this post:
2K10FBLO (09-06-2024)
Old 09-04-2024, 09:47 PM
Rounders
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,253 Likes on 1,784 Posts

Might look at this for my truck. Plugging into truck USB is flaky. I though maybe loose jack, just gave up.

A link instead of picture would be better.

Old 09-04-2024, 10:44 PM
Black Ultra
Road Master
Received 597 Likes on 311 Posts

That looks great and cheaper than the Motorola MA1. I have the MA1 already and it works well too.

Old 09-04-2024, 11:54 PM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,599 Likes on 2,722 Posts

I bought an autosky unit a couple of years ago, it's great. Wife an son now each have one for their cars, zero issues.

Old 09-05-2024, 12:26 AM
Stopit
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,044 Likes on 551 Posts

Originally Posted by Black Ultra
That looks great and cheaper than the Motorola MA1. I have the MA1 already and it works well too.

I've been using the Motorola MA-1 as well for a couple years now with no issues , actually the Motorola is much less now.

https://www.target.com/p/motorola-ma...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

Old 09-05-2024, 07:16 PM
Black Ultra
Road Master
Received 597 Likes on 311 Posts

Well darn, I paid 3 times that for mine a year ago.

The following users liked this post:
Stopit (09-06-2024)
Old 09-05-2024, 08:08 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,535 Likes on 930 Posts

Originally Posted by bigdeek
I have a '23 street glide and have always had android auto just abruptly and randomly constantly disconnecting, USB failure out of no where, etc.... I have tried every possible setting, cables, searching the forums, etc.... nothing worked. Finally saw a thread that going wireless solved all of that. So, jumped on amazon and bought one. And, yes, finally. My android auto is completely solid. I just throw my phone in a saddle bag and it all just automatically starts and actually stays on for the entire ride now. I have had ZERO disconnects. Anyways, this post is just for those who have the same issue and haven't tried a wireless usb dongle. The one I bought on amazon is below. Same size as a thumb drive and just stays plugged in inside the glove box. Problem solved, thank goodness. I am so happy with this, just had to share in case others are in the same boat.
later.

Link: Amazon link to wireless dongle

I purchased two of those, one from my car and one fom my street glide. They are more stable than any Wireless dongle I've had in the past which includes the Motorola ma1 and the Ottocast.... I have posted about that particular one and recommended it a few times here

Old 09-06-2024, 04:40 AM
Cosmic Razorback
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 18,031 Likes on 7,308 Posts

I have been running AA Wireless Dongle for over a year now with excellent results. Got it on Amazon.

I move it from my RG to my SGS as needed. Super easy plug and play and it pairs with my cell phone almost instantly.

Highly recommended and this allows me to keep the phone on the handle bars, in my pocket or anywhere you wish.

Old 09-06-2024, 06:10 PM
gonefortheborder
Cruiser
Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts

I gave up on the MA1 when it finally wouldn't connect at all and ran a USB cable back to the tour pak. Maybe I'll have to try this one.

Old 09-06-2024, 06:34 PM
cycle7447
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,955 Likes on 1,193 Posts

Originally Posted by gonefortheborder
I gave up on the MA1 when it finally wouldn't connect at all and ran a USB cable back to the tour pak. Maybe I'll have to try this one.
Don't throw the MA1 away - hold the button down and reset it.

Quick Reply: Android Auto disconnects finally solved