2018+ Softail Models Breakout

Dk Thunder Torque inserts

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2024, 03:21 PM
razorbacksrule
Road Master
Received 310 Likes on 195 Posts
Default Dk Thunder Torque inserts

A buddy of mine gave me a new set of DK thunder torque inserts he was going to use in his Heritage before he sold it . Anyone use them in their Heritage or other Softail ? I'm familiar with lollipops on drag pipes but just wondered how good they were in the new M8 . I did a search and found a few testimony's about them all seemed to like them .

Old 08-02-2024, 06:43 PM
Powermankw
Tourer
Received 119 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by razorbacksrule
A buddy of mine gave me a new set of DK thunder torque inserts he was going to use in his Heritage before he sold it . Anyone use them in their Heritage or other Softail ? I'm familiar with lollipops on drag pipes but just wondered how good they were in the new M8 . I did a search and found a few testimony's about them all seemed to like them .
What is your plan, what are you putting them in. If your setup does not have any issues with reversion then there isn't really a point. If it does, they will definitely help.

Old 08-02-2024, 07:22 PM
razorbacksrule
Road Master
Default Stock

Originally Posted by Powermankw
What is your plan, what are you putting them in. If your setup does not have any issues with reversion then there isn't really a point. If it does, they will definitely help.
Stock exhaust with the baffles out . I actually have an extra 2 sets of stock mufflers now got one on here and same friend gave me another set that have the baffles removed already . I was going to send one set to American Customs but I thought this might work . I like the way the stock exhaust looks too.

Old 08-02-2024, 08:16 PM
Powermankw
Tourer
Received 119 Likes on 72 Posts

Then the inserts are required. Simply cutting the baffles out and doing nothing else is a really bad move, if you have not ran across my thread yet, look it up. Been there done that.

Old 08-02-2024, 09:25 PM
razorbacksrule
Road Master

Originally Posted by Powermankw
Then the inserts are required. Simply cutting the baffles out and doing nothing else is a really bad move, if you have not ran across my thread yet, look it up. Been there done that.
Yes I know that I've also done it years ago . When I was young back in the 70s an old biker showed me the lollipop trick for drag pipes I had on an old Iron Head sportster . His family actually owned a car muffler shop and also made racing headers . He welded up a couple and put them in my drag pipes definitely helped . That was an old Iron Head not a new M8 was the reason I asked the question.

Old 08-03-2024, 01:23 PM
$tonecold
Club Member
Received 1,835 Likes on 986 Posts

Originally Posted by razorbacksrule
Stock exhaust with the baffles out . I actually have an extra 2 sets of stock mufflers now got one on here and same friend gave me another set that have the baffles removed already . I was going to send one set to American Customs but I thought this might work . I like the way the stock exhaust looks too.
I put a set of the Thundertorque inserts in a set of DNT mufflers and they did seem to help with the low end, but they also seemed to amplify the sound, although it was deeper.