Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bad Experience with Discount ESP

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2024, 08:44 PM
tycraven
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Bad Experience with Discount ESP

Last week while traveling back to Arizona from Atlanta my bike went down in Fort Worth Texas. I was luck enough to make it to the Harley Dealer near by. My bike was looked at the next morning and when the Harley Technician broke the bike down took pics as requested and sent to Discount ESP, he deemed that I hat a bad Stator, Rotor and charging assembly. Kyle At Discount, stated that the pictures that Harley took did not look like they belonged on my bike. He started throwing around inflammatory words such as fraud. Stating that they were going to deny my claim. I explained to him, that my bike was there at the Harley Dealer. They took it apart. Speak to them. I have never been spoken to in suck a manner in my entire life. It almost felt like it was being discriminated against, since he was not even trying to hear me but all he kept pushing was fraud. And because they did not pay my claim and I needed my bike to continue the ride home, I had to pay for the repair out of pocket. I called and asked for a manager to call me back. I never got a call back. I chose this warranty because it was the only/best one out there. However, I here there are other options now.

Old 07-29-2024, 09:40 PM
cobra23
Road Captain
Received 518 Likes on 283 Posts

Too bad you had such a bad experience. No way to anticipate this poor outcome when you purchased the warranty. I would call the company and stay on the phone until you could speak to someone in authority. But, then again, given how you were treated, treating people like **** is probably the company philosophy.

Old 07-29-2024, 09:50 PM
RollaMo
Grand HDF Member
Received 502 Likes on 312 Posts

#1 reason why purchasing these ESP's are a losing matter most of the time.

The following 2 users liked this post by RollaMo:
jamala00 (07-30-2024), MRFREEZE57 (07-30-2024)
Old 07-30-2024, 04:12 AM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,589 Likes on 2,718 Posts

Time to get @JimPalmer involved: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/membe...agent-com.html

There have been plenty of good experiences with this company, but seems like lately they have some inexperienced/bad adjusters.

Last edited by Keithhu; 07-30-2024 at 05:23 AM.
Old 07-30-2024, 05:39 AM
Jackie Paper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,941 Likes on 4,139 Posts

Did you see them take the parts out? What were your issues? From what you are saying, no evidence who scamed you.

I have only met one dealership that appeared to be honest. My luck? Don't really think so from articles I have read .

Personaly, if your going to flame someone, you need to be specific and have proof. Have pictures as they open it up. Rarely can you even see the area where they shuttle off your bike or car.

You got someone trying to get all they can and someone trying to give as little as they can. And your not in control.

PS.. Welcome to the HDFORUM.

Last edited by Jackie Paper; 07-30-2024 at 05:48 AM.
Old 07-30-2024, 06:36 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,063 Likes on 3,630 Posts

Welcome to the forum. Hope you get it resolved.

Old 07-30-2024, 06:36 AM
Cosmic Razorback
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 17,985 Likes on 7,296 Posts

Great first post.

Take it with a grain of salt.

The following users liked this post:
jamala00 (07-30-2024)
Old 07-30-2024, 07:05 AM
Dan89FLSTC
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 9,374 Likes on 4,989 Posts

Another first time poster who joins a forum just to complain about something.

Has established zero credibility here, for all we know it could be a competitor throwing posts.

This type of post should be deleted by the mods.

Last edited by Dan89FLSTC; 07-30-2024 at 07:09 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Dan89FLSTC:
Goose_NC (07-30-2024), jamala00 (07-30-2024)
Old 07-30-2024, 07:35 AM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,589 Likes on 2,718 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan89FLSTC
Another first time poster who joins a forum just to complain about something.

Has established zero credibility here, for all we know it could be a competitor throwing posts.

This type of post should be deleted by the mods.
Not to mention that (for better or for worse), forum rules technically do not allow bashing of forum sponsors (#14). Fine line between bashing and reporting a bad experience, I guess.

Last edited by Keithhu; 07-30-2024 at 07:37 AM.
Old 07-30-2024, 07:51 AM
Germansheperd
Road Warrior
Received 876 Likes on 513 Posts

Originally Posted by tycraven
Last week while traveling back to Arizona from Atlanta my bike went down in Fort Worth Texas. I was luck enough to make it to the Harley Dealer near by. My bike was looked at the next morning and when the Harley Technician broke the bike down took pics as requested and sent to Discount ESP, he deemed that I hat a bad Stator, Rotor and charging assembly. Kyle At Discount, stated that the pictures that Harley took did not look like they belonged on my bike. He started throwing around inflammatory words such as fraud. Stating that they were going to deny my claim. I explained to him, that my bike was there at the Harley Dealer. They took it apart. Speak to them. I have never been spoken to in suck a manner in my entire life. It almost felt like it was being discriminated against, since he was not even trying to hear me but all he kept pushing was fraud. And because they did not pay my claim and I needed my bike to continue the ride home, I had to pay for the repair out of pocket. I called and asked for a manager to call me back. I never got a call back. I chose this warranty because it was the only/best one out there. However, I here there are other options now.
This is coming from someone who was in the car/bike business for 20 years:
1- NEVER, EVER buy a service contract other than the MANUFACTURERS SERVICE CONTRACT from a DEALERSHIP.
2- Anything with “Discount” in the name is ghetto.
3- Cancel the contract and get a pro-rated refund now.

Quick Reply: Bad Experience with Discount ESP