2024+ Touring Models Discuss the currently offered Touring Models

2025 limited

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2024, 05:06 AM
aarondeere
Cruiser
Received 69 Likes on 48 Posts
Default 2025 limited

Just wondering what's everyone's thoughts on the '25 limited next yr and the changes they might offer. I want the new body style and my wife rides frequently and thought about going with the '24 and adding the tour pack. You think harley will just have a street/road glide with a limited package or actual separate models? I wonder how the lowers will work with the new cooling system. Also is the new suspension comparable to the limited's? I know they increased the travel and hear it's much improved. I guess I could always spend even more and get a wilbers upgrade. Thanks.

Old 07-02-2024, 06:18 AM
gonemad
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,381 Likes on 2,974 Posts

A fairly astute sales manager at a dealer I frequent said he wouldn’t be surprised if the moco killed off the Road Glide Limited and Ultra Limited now that they are offering “packages” on the new Road Glides and Street Glides.

https://www.harley-davidson.com/us/e...=g01&color=m07

Last edited by gonemad; 07-02-2024 at 06:20 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by gonemad:
BrandonSmith (07-02-2024), Erratikmind (07-02-2024), Mongo1958 (07-02-2024)
Old 07-02-2024, 09:20 AM
BrandonSmith
Club Member
Received 3,154 Likes on 1,861 Posts

Originally Posted by gonemad;[url=tel:21728310
21728310]A fairly astute sales manager at a dealer I frequent said he wouldn’t be surprised if the moco killed off the Road Glide Limited and Ultra Limited now that they are offering “packages” on the new Road Glides and Street Glides.

https://www.harley-davidson.com/us/e...=g01&color=m07
I was thinking the same thing. They did that with the specials.

Also, the twin cooling is now “center-cooled” so the additional radiators aren’t needed in the lowers.

The lowers need minimal modification, just the edge closest to the motor needs trimmed.

The suspension on the SG/RG is now 13” like the Limiteds.

A new hammock seat is probably in the works.

Adding a tour pack, lowers, and seat are simple.

Old 07-02-2024, 09:42 AM
David Crowell
Advanced
Received 63 Likes on 36 Posts

I've heard the rumor about killing off the Limited also, and making it a package. I think a base FLHTK in 2018 was around $28,000 MSRP. In 2021, the same bike was $31,000-ish. Now, the 2024 (same bike as my 2021) starts at $32,500, but it includes the (formerly upcharged) black engine.

So.... A package bringing a 2024+ Street Glide to feature-parity with a 2024 FLHTK seems, uh, expensive. I can see $43,000 before various dealer fees. If that's the case, I'll only be buying used in the future. I'd like to retire someday.

The following 4 users liked this post by David Crowell:
heavymetalthunder (07-02-2024), Plow64 (07-05-2024), Slingshot383 (07-03-2024), smitty901 (07-03-2024)
Old 07-02-2024, 09:54 AM
biglew55
Road Captain
Veteran: Air Force
Received 454 Likes on 241 Posts

I explored both options when I purchased my 2023 FLTRK after the MY24 release. While I could purchase a FLTR with Tour Pak, seat, windshield, etc. for about the same price as a FLTRK, I looked down the road towards trade in. If I had gone with the 24 and added a ton of accessories, my next trade in event would have likely been very painful. Historically, you get valued by the bike as titled (Road Glide/Street Glide/Limited), and add-ons are valued at pennies on the dollar or worse. When I've traded in my Limiteds in the past, they get valued as Limiteds with tour pack, lowers, etc. I doubt those that add the touring/ST/etc, will have the same consideration. I learned this long ago on a few bikes where I added engine and stereo upgrades. Now, I add very few accessories to my bikes.

I have changed strategies in how I assign bikes in my garage to roles, so this may be my last new Harley purchase. If I do replace it, it may just be an old garage queen Road King, or something other than a HD. I guess I'll see when the time comes.

The following 4 users liked this post by biglew55:
Ampfore (08-09-2024), BumECarlos (07-02-2024), Plow64 (07-05-2024), UH60CE (08-06-2024)
Old 07-02-2024, 10:19 AM
Pappy35
Tourer
Received 363 Likes on 200 Posts

I don't think marketing a Limited makes sense anymore. Why pay for stuff you don't want and would Harley add a difficult to sell ride that jsut turns into a leftover? As for these prices. I'd buy individual bits and install them myself before I'd order a bundled package. For example:
  • I'd get the King Tour Pack and the Harley fixed mount (assuming it still fits) and install them myself. If they bundle-discount, I'd order them at the time of sale if they increase the 'fee' calculation. I never remove my box, so why pay almost $500 for the Harley 4-point (yes, I know about Amazon, and the three I've bought from there in two years all fell apart).
  • Got the HD box and mount for about $1,300 at my dealer separately and installed them in 30 minutes.
  • I use lowers in the winter, but with those cheesy looking crash bars, how would you install them (assuming they don't make one specifically designed for the '24+ machines?
I added what I wanted to my ride (Tour pack, heated grips, Mustang seat, backrest, Clearview shield with vent, etc.) to turn it into my Customized Touring Mount, it's a '22 RK so minus the fairing of course. Works for me and if/when I get a new ride (very big if), I'd do the same.

Last edited by Pappy35; 07-02-2024 at 10:28 AM.
Old 07-02-2024, 10:34 AM
Erratikmind
Stellar HDF Member
Received 354 Likes on 260 Posts

Timely thread. I just ordered a color matched King Tour pack from Advan Black.

Have never had one. Depending on the duration of my trip, I use a back pack or luggage strapped to a sissy bar.

Old 07-02-2024, 11:23 AM
Pappy35
Tourer

Originally Posted by Erratikmind
Timely thread. I just ordered a color matched King Tour pack from Advan Black.

Have never had one. Depending on the duration of my trip, I use a back pack or luggage strapped to a sissy bar.
Advan Black is a really great company and if/when I do it again, I'd get their box and match the key. Obviously, the boxes come in handy for touring, but 99% of the time I use mine to store my lid and jacket in when running errands around town and commuting. It's very convenient. Also, removing the the hard-mounted pack is just 4 bolts that take all of five minutes to do. Those docks are much overrated (unless you do bounce around from luggage racks and rear backrests back to the pack frequently). I prefer the security of having it hard-mounted.

The following 3 users liked this post by Pappy35:
Erratikmind (07-02-2024), timmyb-is-back (08-09-2024), UH60CE (08-06-2024)
Old 07-02-2024, 11:29 AM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 9,375 Likes on 4,783 Posts

if I was a predominantly two up long distance tourer I would try and get a steal of a deal on a new leftover 23 .. it's a mature, time tested and proven platform that really needs nothing other than to be ridden and enjoyed for many years ... glad that's not my M.O. though as my 24 RG kicks @$$ !!!

The following users liked this post:
Erratikmind (07-02-2024)
Old 07-02-2024, 05:22 PM
Pappy35
Tourer

Originally Posted by Pappy35
Advan Black is a really great company and if/when I do it again, I'd get their box and match the key. Obviously, the boxes come in handy for touring, but 99% of the time I use mine to store my lid and jacket in when running errands around town and commuting. It's very convenient. Also, removing the the hard-mounted pack is just 4 bolts that take all of five minutes to do. Those docks are much overrated (unless you do bounce around from luggage racks and rear backrests back to the pack frequently). I prefer the security of having it hard-mounted.
I went through and compared the part numbers of a few things and found that a lot of parts can be transferred from the older to the new bike. Specifically:
  • The rear brake pedal (Softbrake reduced-height pedal will work).
  • Clutch lever (another Softbrake reduced reach item).
  • Ciro Big Mouth perch.
  • Tour Pack mounts (both fixed and docking hardware).
  • Side Stand Safety Switch.
  • Heel Shifter.
  • Passenger footpeg mounts.
  • The perch mount on the clutch side is the same (implying the brake side might be as well) so aftermarket mirrors could transfer over too.
This is just a list of the '22 RK OEM accessories I saved just for this scenario that can be directly installed to a '24. Notable is that changes to the saddlebag and/or side cover geometry mean that my Mustang seat, or most other '14-'23 seats, WILL NOT fit which is a bummer because it was so damned expensive. The rear saddlebag guards won't fit either for the same reason not will the heated grips. This will save a bunch of up-front cost when I get a new one. I didn't look at stuff I don't have already, but given the overall similarity, it would be worth a look before you go out and pay for one of their bundles.

Quick Reply: 2025 limited